Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - Neofinetia (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/)
-   -   New to neos, where to buy in EU? (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/99205-neos-buy-eu.html)

thiamant 11-19-2018 08:36 AM

New to neos, where to buy in EU?

Hi, I am new to Neofinetia Falcata, I recently bought one online but it was way too small for me (only 3-4 leaves and really really small). I'm interested in something more...

Any recommended places to buy online in Europe?

Thank you!

Hakumin 11-19-2018 12:11 PM

I know of one reputable seller in the UK, although I'm not sure how to contact him outside of facebook...If you join the neo group there, they can certainly help put you in contact with him. They can also help you find other european vendors or possibly even work you into a group importation that a couple people in the EU regularly organize.

Other than that, there are private sellers on ebay that have been selling good quality plants in Europe.

However, there are several scammers who operate on ebay in Europe as well, selling intentionally mislabeled Neos, so unless you trust the seller, it's best to only buy plants that you can 100% verify through the photos if you're going to buy on ebay.

Neodex 11-19-2018 03:48 PM

The only place I know of is this; Prachtige Orchideeen - - Orchids Deluxe

I've not bought from them so I don't know what their plants are like.

I do wonder about this one though; Neofinetia falcata 'Aojiku Yoroidoshi'- Orchids Deluxe- Vanda, Ascocenda- Neofinetia falcata 'Aojiku Yoroidoshi'

It looks a lot like Manjushage to me, both the flowers and the growth style. My guess is someone posted the wrong image ?

Are there any particular varieties that you are looking for ?

thiamant 11-19-2018 04:41 PM

I only have a very small one so im just looking for a decent sized neofinetia with a decent number of leaves.

jcec1 11-19-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neodex (Post 886748)
The only place I know of is this; Prachtige Orchideeen - - Orchids Deluxe

I've not bought from them so I don't know what their plants are like.

I do wonder about this one though; Neofinetia falcata 'Aojiku Yoroidoshi'- Orchids Deluxe- Vanda, Ascocenda- Neofinetia falcata 'Aojiku Yoroidoshi'

It looks a lot like Manjushage to me, both the flowers and the growth style. My guess is someone posted the wrong image ?

Are there any particular varieties that you are looking for ?

I bought from Orchid Deluxe - neo was supposed to be flowering size - it was tiny - years away from flowering.

thiamant 11-19-2018 04:45 PM

Yes! I bought mine from claessen orchids and it was tiny!! I feel scammed.

jcec1 11-19-2018 04:47 PM

I bought the straight species from Currlin orchideen - it was flowering size - they have a couple on their website.

camille1585 11-20-2018 01:56 PM

I've bought several from Orchids Deluxe (they're only 25min from my house...) and they are generally nice plants, sometimes a bit small (but my small plant bloomed a few months later!). They've now started indicating the number of growths, which gives a better idea of size. I also noticed the odd looking Aojiku Yoroidoshi, but you could always email them.

About Claessen, they used to be a top notch nursery, but after several bad experiences in the past 3 years, I've never ever shopping there again. Seedling sized plants sold as blooming size, rotten roots, and terrible customer service.

Are you on Facebook? If so, I can recommend an excellent seller, based in the Netherlands. He regularily imports (twice a year I believe) huge amounts of Neos and sells them there. Unfortunately his latest offering was in October, so you have to wait until next year or ask what he still has in stock (His name is Vladimir, on the page called 'Neofinetia Europe') Excellent plants.