Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   About this board (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/)
-   -   Today's Posts doesn't show them all (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/98872-todays-posts-doesnt.html)

estación seca 09-29-2018 01:51 PM

Today's Posts doesn't show them all

I felt badly that we missed a lot of questions from new people.

For a long time I've been going to Quick Links then Today's Posts in the top menu to get the newest posts. I've realized in the past a few new posts didn't make it into this view. Yesterday I discovered a large number of new posts I've missed over the past few months. I replied to them, sometimes with Bump when I didn't have an answer. It is clear today others also didn't see these posts, because some of you I would have expected to reply before did so only today after they showed up again with new thread activity.

The only way to be sure of seeing all the posts is to click on Forums in the left menu and examine each forum for new activity. The most recent post in that forum is shown off to the right.

It is quite cumbersome. I wish the Today's Posts view worked as it is supposed to.

Mountaineer370 09-29-2018 03:14 PM

Well, that is unfortunate. I have noticed, over the last several weeks or so, that I often see a new post by somebody but it puzzles me that very few, if any, of our regular contributors have answered. I was wondering where all of you were! I guess, if you're not seeing some of the posts, that might explain it. I wonder if what is seen under "Today's Posts" is the same for everybody, or if some of us are seeing certain things and other are not. I myself don't answer as often as some of you because I have far less experience.

Dollythehun 09-29-2018 03:34 PM

I just thought you all were busy! But, I have been using ES's method too. Guess I've missed a lot.

estación seca 09-29-2018 03:46 PM

When I see something I can't answer, I try to Bump the question. This gives it another chance to rise to the top of Today's Posts and be seen by somebody who can answer it.

kg5 10-09-2018 04:51 PM

Have come back to this thread to Thank estación seca and others for all their encouragement and help.

Just want it to be known that I very much appreciate the support and how politely I am treated here. It really is a stand out!

fishmom 10-09-2018 07:55 PM

Wait--don't you all see a "New Posts" button on the menu bar between where it says "Members" and "Search"? For me, if I click that "New Posts" button, I see new posts from however long it has been since I logged on. I use Firefox as a browser.

Dollythehun 10-09-2018 08:14 PM

Yes but apparently they don't all come up.

estación seca 10-10-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmom (Post 884939)
Wait--don't you all see a "New Posts" button on the menu bar between where it says "Members" and "Search"? For me, if I click that "New Posts" button, I see new posts from however long it has been since I logged on. I use Firefox as a browser.

It's supposed to work that way, but it doesn't show them all.