Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Coelogyne Alliance (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/coelogyne-alliance/)
-   -   Coelogyne flaccida (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/coelogyne-alliance/71246-coelogyne-flaccida.html)

Orchidsoutdoors 09-13-2013 06:02 AM

Coelogyne flaccida

1 Attachment(s)
This plant is starting to form a decent clump, can't wait to see it in a few years.

WhiteRabbit 09-13-2013 08:07 PM

Wow! Fabulous! :wtg:

cbuchman 09-14-2013 09:51 AM

Looks great now! I've only just gotten my first Coelogyne. So I aspire to someday have a clump too :)

Orchidsoutdoors 09-15-2013 04:39 AM

Carrie, it shouldn't take long, the more common Coelogynes are hardy and fast growing.

cbuchman 09-15-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchidsoutdoors (Post 608451)
Carrie, it shouldn't take long, the more common Coelogynes are hardy and fast growing.

Can't wait! Mine is Coel. nitida. It has good new roots showing and 2 new growths starting. So I am encouraged. :)

flexdc 10-01-2015 12:08 PM

How to grow this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchidsoutdoors (Post 607773)
This plant is starting to form a decent clump, can't wait to see it in a few years.

Can you give me tips on how to grow this? Does it need a wet dry cycle and also cool temps in the winter?

I have just recently repotted mine in Sphangnum/bark mix, I suspected it wasn't getting enough moisture to put out new growths. Soon after reporting it sent up a new growth. Now wondering if it needs a dry cycle.

Thanks a bunch
Andrew

DeaC 10-01-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flexdc (Post 774082)
Can you give me tips on how to grow this? Does it need a wet dry cycle and also cool temps in the winter?

I have just recently repotted mine in Sphangnum/bark mix, I suspected it wasn't getting enough moisture to put out new growths. Soon after reporting it sent up a new growth. Now wondering if it needs a dry cycle.

Thanks a bunch
Andrew

:hello Check out coelogyne.com-species. Mine was outside all summer,shadyish but never dry. Developed big pbulb and should be a winter bloomer for me.

flexdc 10-01-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 774110)
:hello Check out coelogyne.com-species. Mine was outside all summer,shadyish but never dry. Developed big pbulb and should be a winter bloomer for me.

That website does not exist anymore :_(

estación seca 10-01-2015 04:58 PM

You can often find versions of old or vanished Web sites on archive.org. It comes in handy finding useful information that once existed but has been removed from Web sites.

In this case it appears coelogyne.com redirected to orchidplanet.com, and the last orchid-related version of this site at archive.org is this one:

September 25, 2004 version of coelogyne.com

However, there is very little about Coelogyne on the above site.

DeaC 10-01-2015 07:45 PM

:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by flexdc (Post 774112)
That website does not exist anymore :_(

:( sorry 'bout that. I have it on my faves and refer to it frequently as well as other sources.