Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Lc. Canhamiana ‘Azure Skies’ AM/AOS (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/59677-lc-canhamiana-azure-skies-am-aos.html)

NYCorchidman 05-12-2012 04:22 PM

Lc. Canhamiana ‘Azure Skies’ AM/AOS

At the farmer's market this morning, this one caught my eyes and now it is sitting in my apartment. :biggrin:

Blue cattleya (well, technically not really blue but) is something that has been on my wish list for a long time and I almost ordered one without flowers online.
Even better, I found one in bloom and with great price.
What a lucky day for me. :)

It looks just like my yellow catt except it is a different color and the pbs are shorter and fatter on this one.
Subtle but nice scent, three large flowers, two more buds coming, and three older pbs that have flowered before.

I love this new catt!!! I did some search and they are supposed to have cluster of 4-5 flowers when mature.
This one flowered at least three times in the past. I'm happy with 3 flowers though.

orchideya 05-12-2012 07:58 PM

Beautiful flowers. I have a very small seedling of this one, probably years from blooming. You are so lucky to get one in bloom.

NYCorchidman 05-12-2012 10:54 PM

I know. There was only one and I grabbed it the moment I saw it! :)

I love it!!!!!

Zoi2 05-12-2012 11:35 PM

Beautiful, great find.
Joann

NYCorchidman 05-13-2012 12:49 AM

Thank you!

silken 05-13-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orchideya (Post 495888)
Beautiful flowers. I have a very small seedling of this one, probably years from blooming. You are so lucky to get one in bloom.

Did you get yours from Cloud's? I got one a few years ago and it is quite a vigorous grower. I just split mine in 3 and still have a good sized plant!

Those are beautiful blooms NYCorchidman!

tucker85 05-13-2012 08:39 AM

Very pretty color!

orchideya 05-13-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silken (Post 495935)
Did you get yours from Cloud's? I got one a few years ago and it is quite a vigorous grower. I just split mine in 3 and still have a good sized plant!

Silken, no, I got mine from ebay. I got bunch of small seedlings, sort of like compots last year including this one, Blue Grotto 'Takagi' and Little Mermaid. They are growing pretty good, new roots and p-bulbs, hopefully I see the blooms too.

tuvoc 05-13-2012 10:26 AM

Beautiful. I have one of her 'kids', Lc. Nancy Degenhardt, that is in bloom now. I love it.

Kim

sweetjblue 05-13-2012 10:32 AM

Lovely blooms! I think that would have come home with me too if I had seen it!

Judi