Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Members' Displays (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/members-displays/)
-   -   Where my orchids grow--two tree trunks and an oasis. (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/members-displays/110239-orchids-grow-tree-trunks-oasis.html)

gjanick2 08-09-2022 04:51 AM

Where my orchids grow--two tree trunks and an oasis.

5 Attachment(s)
One week ago I only had two NOID dendrobium plants that my neighbor gave me a long time ago. Well, now I guess that I am in the orchid raising business again! I have acquired 13 new plants this past 2 weeks buying online on Shopee (like a Thai Amazon).

The plants are all put in their two new homes and I think I did a great job designing their habitat. They are located in a great growing environment and well protected from the intense daytime sun here in Chiang Mai.

Feel free to send me comments and/or suggestions. Thanks.

RJSquirrel 08-09-2022 06:49 AM

should have no problems growing orchids out there.

and doing quite well on your come back. :bowing

Mountaineer370 08-09-2022 07:59 AM

That's a very nice set-up. Best of luck to you with the new ones! :)

gjanick2 08-10-2022 12:48 AM

I hope so. So far the plants are looking great. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Thanks Cheri. What city in Michigan do you live in? From 1979 to 1990 I lived and worked in Oscoda MI and East Tawas MI.

Dusty Ol' Man 08-10-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjanick2 (Post 990949)
I hope so. So far the plants are looking great. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Thanks Cheri. What city in Michigan do you live in? From 1979 to 1990 I lived and worked in Oscoda MI and East Tawas MI.

Interesting. I'm preparing to move to Alpena. My son worked at Oscoda until recently. (Sorry for the hijack)

Mountaineer370 08-10-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjanick2 (Post 990949)

I live near Ann Arbor, in the southeastern part of the state. My sister and her family live near Mio, which is a bit northwest of Oscoda. Small world, isn't it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Ol' Man (Post 990961)
Interesting. I'm preparing to move to Alpena. My son worked at Oscoda until recently. (Sorry for the hijack)

I remember you mentioning this before, DOM, but couldn't recall when it was going to happen. Wishing you the best with the move and your new home!

Paphluvr 08-10-2022 09:24 AM

When you describe it as an oasis you couldn't be more apropos. Very nice design, a place for some quite meditation in the cooler part of the day. I like the addition of the water feature.

WaterWitchin 08-10-2022 09:40 AM

I really like the tree stumps you used, and the lotus pot is a nice touch.

gjanick2 08-12-2022 02:18 AM

Thank You so much. Two weeks ago I had to dismantle the entire display and move it back 2 feet because the intense sun was burning some leaves. Now the display and tree trunks become under shade at noontime because the display is under our roof shade. So the plants are much better protected. However, in the morning the plants receive beautiful dappled sunshine until noon. Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

DOM. Back in the 1980's, I played in a band (country and pop music) that for a long time was the 'house band' at the bowling alley in Alpena. We had great times there!

Dusty Ol' Man 08-12-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjanick2 (Post 991056)
[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM
DOM. Back in the 1980's, I played in a band (country and pop music) that for a long time was the 'house band' at the bowling alley in Alpena. We had great times there!

If you ever get back to the area let me know. First beverage is on me.