Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Rlc. George King 'Serendipity' (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/107882-rlc-george-king-serendipity.html)

SouthPark 09-24-2021 11:44 PM

Rlc. George King 'Serendipity'
 
1 Attachment(s)
Interesting cross name! And also interesting clonal name too. I haven't seen the flowers of this popular one with own eyes yet, but pinkish apricot colours are said to be very nice. I had a juvenile one for a while. But it's going to take a while ----- to get to flowering size that is heheh. But fortunately was able to acquire a bigger one. Some fast tracking for this case heheheh.

The bigger one was originally in bark. Transferred to scoria on arrival (through the mail).

Google drive pic (higher res) : pic link

http://www.orchidboard.com/community...1&d=1632537738

Ray 09-25-2021 10:43 AM

Cross was made by G. A. King - I assume George - registered in 1970.

That cultivar has a number of awards in Australia, Brazil, and the US.

Leafmite 09-25-2021 05:07 PM

I definitely understand why you are happy to find a larger one. It is always such a long wait until they reach maturity. I buy the younger Cattleyas and always have to wait four or five years for the first bloom. Since I switched to smaller Cattleyas just two years ago, the wait has been driving me crazy.

SouthPark 09-25-2021 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=Ray;969108]Cross was made by G. A. King - I assume George - registered in 1970.

That cultivar has a number of awards in Australia, Brazil, and the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafmite (Post 969136)
I definitely understand why you are happy to find a larger one. It is always such a long wait until they reach maturity. I buy the younger Cattleyas and always have to wait four or five years for the first bloom. Since I switched to smaller Cattleyas just two years ago, the wait has been driving me crazy.

Know what you mean LM! Getting to the flowering size can take quite a while! It's sort of like watching orchids grow hehehe

Merita 09-25-2021 08:06 PM

I like that plant so much that last year I bought some small ones and two are already going to flower, we will see if I am lucky with the flowering. Yesterday I went out and found in Lowe’s, in 4 ”pots the Dinard Heaven that I know is not easy to grow because I have one that has given me a lot of work, this one is beautiful, I also acquired the Hawaiian rose My Valentine, if I didn't have it

Diane56Victor 09-25-2021 08:27 PM

I have a couple of very small seedlings of this Cattleya. Growing ok at the moment, hopefully it continues.

SouthPark 09-26-2021 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merita (Post 969146)
I like that plant so much that last year I bought some small ones and two are already going to flower, we will see if I am lucky with the flowering. Yesterday I went out and found in Lowe’s, in 4 ”pots the Dinard Heaven that I know is not easy to grow because I have one that has given me a lot of work, this one is beautiful, I also acquired the Hawaiian rose My Valentine, if I didn't have it.

I have heard of and seen pics of the Lc. Dinard 'Blue Heaven'. The features of that flower - including the beautiful violet colours are remarkable!

In the RHS orchid register, I was able to find Rlc. Hawaiian Rose and also Rlc. Paradise Rose. The Hawaiian Rose was registered in 1953 ....... nice acquisition!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane56Victor (Post 969148)
I have a couple of very small seedlings of this Cattleya. Growing ok at the moment, hopefully it continues.

Thanks for mentioning you grow this one too Diane. The apricot colours are definitely going to be worth it. And very nice to hear that they're doing fine.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.

3.8.9
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.