Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Identification Forum (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/identification-forum/)
-   -   Please help me ID this popular Denphal variety (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/identification-forum/107503-please-help-id-popular-denphal-variety.html)

sunnylinus 08-10-2021 09:07 PM

Please help me ID this popular Denphal variety

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I bought this plant at Tesco and the pot has "Sa-nook plant passport" imprinted on it. However, I was not able to find any such orchids on the Sanook assortment.

I have seen that this type of orchid is very popular.

Can anyone help me find it's ID?

Thanks

Roberta 08-10-2021 10:04 PM

First, Welcome!
There are many (probably hundreds, at least) of phalaenopsis-type Dendrobiums that look similar, so a definitive ID is impossible. Fortunately, all in the group have similar cultural needs (bright light, warm temperatures) so you don't need to identify the specific hybrid to give the proper care. It is a beauty, so just enjoy it!

sunnylinus 08-11-2021 08:25 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome Roberta.

Sa-nook ones are popular hybrids and usually have a name.eg: Dendrobium Sa-nook - OrchidsOnline

That's why I was wondering if anyone had a similar plant or knew its name

Dusty Ol' Man 08-11-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnylinus (Post 964800)
Thanks for the warm welcome Roberta.

Sa-nook ones are popular hybrids and usually have a name.eg: Dendrobium Sa-nook - OrchidsOnline

That's why I was wondering if anyone had a similar plant or knew its name

I have a similar plant, but it came to me as a noid.

sunnylinus 09-12-2021 06:18 PM

Glad to let you all know that I’ve found the name. It’s Dendrobium Sa-Nook Coconut Pink

Shadeflower 09-12-2021 07:00 PM

hi sunny,
I've never heard of a coconut pink but like Roberta says it makes little difference apart from what you write on the tag.

I think it is a pink party. Some are completely pink but there is variation where some have some white on the petals. Also lighting can affect how much color is displayed

Dendrobium 'Sa Nook Pink Party' – Petrens Orchid Shop

estación seca 09-12-2021 07:46 PM

Welcome to the Orchid Board! It is beautiful.

Roberta 09-12-2021 08:00 PM

Name isn't registered (with Royal Horticultural Society) so not "official" but who cares? Some nurseries use trade names - both because they avoid the registration fee, but also so that they don't have to disclose the parentage. It only matters if you wanted to submit it for judging. For all other purposes, just enjoy.

sunnylinus 09-29-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadeflower (Post 967520)
hi sunny,
I've never heard of a coconut pink but like Roberta says it makes little difference apart from what you write on the tag.

I think it is a pink party. Some are completely pink but there is variation where some have some white on the petals. Also lighting can affect how much color is displayed

Dendrobium 'Sa Nook Pink Party' – Petrens Orchid Shop

I am sure it is not a Pink Party as I have the Pink Party too. Pink Party has darker shades and relatively smaller flowers.

The one I was looking for is a variety of the Coconut Pink itself. It’s rare: Dendr Sa-nook Coconut Pink 1T9+ (DSCP01L0CH) - FloraXchange

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 967524)
Welcome to the Orchid Board! It is beautiful.

Thanks 🙏 it’s put out a new flower spike. Will post it when it flowers again