Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Off Topic - Totally (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/)
-   -   Frustration with vendors (https://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/105675-frustration-vendors.html)

Ray 01-10-2021 10:56 AM

Frustration with vendors

Just a vent...

I have had to place KelpMax in 1-liter bottles on backorder because my bottle supplier has screwed up the delivery of my latest order. They typically deliver within 3-4 days of order placement, but we're now about to go into week 3.

It turns out their order management system is supposed to automatically print a shipping label, but didn't, so the package sat and sat until I raised enough hell to get the customer service manager to contact the warehouse manager and they discovered the problem. They even upgraded the delivery to overnight for me.

Wonderful!

Except it never went out Thursday as promised, but Friday, instead. FedEx doesn't deliver next-day packages here on Saturdays, as we're too rural for them, however, they did offer to contact me when it arrived at the Wilmington NC terminal so I could pick it up, stating they were open until 7 pm on Saturday.

Great!

Nope.

As FedEx doesn't deliver Express to here on Saturdays, they left it in Memphis - where it still is. I suspect (hope) it will be brought here overnight for delivery tomorrow.

Ray 01-11-2021 09:06 AM

This gets even better.

I called FedEx again to get a status report and was told the package arrived In Wilmington about 3 pm Saturday, so I apparently could have picked it up.

Online tracking showed it as still being in Memphis, and I was supposed to get email and text alerts of the status, but have not.

Oh well. At least they’ll be here today so I can ship the back-orders tomorrow.

Dusty Ol' Man 01-11-2021 10:15 AM

Ray,
If I mix a gallon of Kelpmax, how long is the shelf life? I have few plants at the moment, and a gallon would last awhile. Thanks and sorry about your supplier woes.

Ray 01-11-2021 03:30 PM

I am happy to report that KelpMax liters are available again - both on Amazon and directly from my website!

Dusty, being as KelpMax is an organic plant extract, it is best to only mix up what you can use within 24 hours or so, but I have held onto so diluted material for a week or so with no apparent issues.

Dusty Ol' Man 01-11-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 947188)
I am happy to report that KelpMax liters are available again - both on Amazon and directly from my website!

Dusty, being as KelpMax is an organic plant extract, it is best to only mix up what you can use within 24 hours or so, but I have held onto so diluted material for a week or so with no apparent issues.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind