Repelling animals from gardens
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Repelling animals from gardens
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #11  
Old 11-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2005
Member of:AOS
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 12,803
Repelling animals from gardens Male
Default

When I was in grad school, I had a married friend lived about 30 miles south of Atlanta on a small farm. His wife worked at Six Flags, and she brought home some feces from the tigers and spread it around their garden.

No critter would DARE to go near it.

Possibly more difficult to come by than carcasses...
__________________
Ray Barkalow, Orchid Iconoclast
FIRSTRAYS.COM
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes DirtyCoconuts liked this post
  #12  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:03 AM
Subrosa's Avatar
Subrosa Subrosa is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Zone: 6b
Location: PA coal country
Posts: 3,141
Repelling animals from gardens Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
When I was in grad school, I had a married friend lived about 30 miles south of Atlanta on a small farm. His wife worked at Six Flags, and she brought home some feces from the tigers and spread it around their garden.

No critter would DARE to go near it.

Possibly more difficult to come by than carcasses...
I knew someone who kept big cats. If you want to see something funny, check out the expression on a person's face when the horse they're mounted on gets a whiff of lion urine........
__________________
Be who you are and say what you think. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes DirtyCoconuts liked this post
  #13  
Old 11-14-2020, 10:24 AM
JScott JScott is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,105
Repelling animals from gardens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
It's more satisfying to make your own than to go out looking for them.
Yeah, but we went through this whole thing before, and I accidentally started a huge controversy when I told what I thought was just a funny story about trying to doing the right thing and having it come back and bit me in the ass (There was a nuisance skunk that used to hang out in my back yard and under the crawl space in my house, so one night when I saw him in the yard, I shot him. Then when the police came around saying they had reports of shots fired, and did I know anything about that, I could have just said, "Geel, officer, I heard a noise, I'm not sure if it was a gun or not, I just don't know", but instead I said, "Yes, I shot a skunk that keeps spraying my dog in the backyard," and then he wrote me a 200 dollar ticket for discharging a firearm in a residential area.)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Subrosa's Avatar
Subrosa Subrosa is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Zone: 6b
Location: PA coal country
Posts: 3,141
Repelling animals from gardens Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
Yeah, but we went through this whole thing before, and I accidentally started a huge controversy when I told what I thought was just a funny story about trying to doing the right thing and having it come back and bit me in the ass (There was a nuisance skunk that used to hang out in my back yard and under the crawl space in my house, so one night when I saw him in the yard, I shot him. Then when the police came around saying they had reports of shots fired, and did I know anything about that, I could have just said, "Geel, officer, I heard a noise, I'm not sure if it was a gun or not, I just don't know", but instead I said, "Yes, I shot a skunk that keeps spraying my dog in the backyard," and then he wrote me a 200 dollar ticket for discharging a firearm in a residential area.)
Modern air rifles are very powerful, and much quieter than a firearm. And at least at the federal level they're not defined as a firearm, and not subject to restrictions placed on firearms. That does vary from state to state.
__________________
Be who you are and say what you think. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2020, 01:45 PM
JScott JScott is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 1,105
Repelling animals from gardens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
Modern air rifles are very powerful, and much quieter than a firearm. And at least at the federal level they're not defined as a firearm, and not subject to restrictions placed on firearms. That does vary from state to state.
Well this is Texas hahahahaha
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Subrosa liked this post
  #16  
Old 11-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Subrosa's Avatar
Subrosa Subrosa is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Zone: 6b
Location: PA coal country
Posts: 3,141
Repelling animals from gardens Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
Well this is Texas hahahahaha
Surprisingly TX regulates air rifles as firearms in certain circumstances, but there's no law against firing one on your own property as long as you don't damage someone else's property.
Texas Laws About Shooting a BB Gun | Legal Beagle
__________________
Be who you are and say what you think. Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2020, 02:05 PM
DirtyCoconuts's Avatar
DirtyCoconuts DirtyCoconuts is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida, East Coast
Posts: 4,651
Repelling animals from gardens
Default

Get an air pistol.

I have the Benjamin trail something or other. 540 FPS and it shoots straight.

Iím good to 10yard and thatís shooting a lizardís head about the size of a nickel.
__________________
All the ways I grow are dictated by the choices I have made and the environment in which I live. Please listen and act accordingly
--------------------------------------------------------------
Rooted in South Florida....

Zone 10b, Baby! Hot and wet

#MoreFlowers Insta
#MoreFlowers Flickr
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
animals, beds, digging, products, soil


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orchids at the Quail Botanical Gardens epiphyte78 Outdoor Gardening 4 01-18-2013 11:27 PM
{The Huntington Gardens and Library Part 1} Kevinator Off Topic - Totally 2 11-22-2012 10:47 PM
Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens jkofferdahl Orchid Lounge 4 06-17-2008 12:12 PM
Trip to Keukenhof gardens, Netherlands camille1585 Off Topic - Totally 5 04-23-2008 05:57 PM
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens Mahon Advanced Discussion 13 02-25-2007 08:11 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.