kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #1  
Old 01-30-2023, 02:27 PM
OrchidNut555 OrchidNut555 is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 54
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Default kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?

I've been looking for kelpak in the eu, as i'm in belgium, even mailed 2 different people who have to do with kelpak: someone to contact about kelpak in the eu and besgrow in the netherlands. no reaction despite others having had success with it. Does anyone know how i can get my hands on kelpak? or an alternative in the eu that's almost or just as good as it?

same thing for physan 20...i'd like to add a fungicide that isn't harmful to orchids to my media once ina good while, but i'm unsure which ones are good and not harmful to orchids in the eu

any tips welcome
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2023, 03:04 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2005
Member of:AOS
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 14,740
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu? Male
Default

Besgrow is probably your best bet for Kelpak - you might try phoning them.

I have no idea about Physan or its equivalent, but I recommend not doing preventive treatments of anything.
__________________
Ray Barkalow, Orchid Iconoclast
FIRSTRAYS.COM
Try Kelpak - you won't be sorry!
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Dusty Ol' Man liked this post
  #3  
Old 01-30-2023, 05:12 PM
Edeke Edeke is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Zone: 8a
Posts: 8
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu? Male
Default

Fertilizer | Care & Protect | Accessories | Ecuagenera Europe

Here you can order 250 ml or 1 ltr bottles of Physan 20.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2023, 12:41 AM
tmoney's Avatar
tmoney tmoney is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2021
Zone: 8b
Location: Dusseldorf, DE
Posts: 1,072
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu? Male
Default

the first time i contacted besgrow it took a couple days to get a reply. then, thru the email i just told them how much i wanted, the guy emailed me back with the cost and bank transfer details. it seems very small business like for such a large company. anyways, best of luck!

makes me think i should order some for this year now tho...hopefully all is good over there at besgrow...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2023, 06:47 AM
OrchidNut555 OrchidNut555 is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 54
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
the first time i contacted besgrow it took a couple days to get a reply. then, thru the email i just told them how much i wanted, the guy emailed me back with the cost and bank transfer details. it seems very small business like for such a large company. anyways, best of luck!

makes me think i should order some for this year now tho...hopefully all is good over there at besgrow...
lucky, i still haven't gotten a reply.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2023, 07:45 AM
İlyas06 İlyas06 is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 2
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Default orchid fertilization

Hello everyone, I am a new member of the orchid family. I agree with you from Turkey. I have some phalaenopsis, my phalaenopsis are not blooming like in russia or holland. I need your help with fertilizer. Is Orchids focus bloom and grow effective? I can find it in Turkey.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2023, 08:46 AM
OrchidNut555 OrchidNut555 is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 54
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by İlyas06 View Post
Hello everyone, I am a new member of the orchid family. I agree with you from Turkey. I have some phalaenopsis, my phalaenopsis are not blooming like in russia or holland. I need your help with fertilizer. Is Orchids focus bloom and grow effective? I can find it in Turkey.
it's bettee to post your own thread, i'd say


but phals need a temperature drop for a few weeks to initiate blooming. around autumn, place it in a cooler room (lowest i'd say is...16 degrees c or so. def not below 15) and any balanced fertilider (NPK 10-10-10) should be ok. use half the recommended ampunt in ur water and water every few weeks unless it's blooming.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2023, 09:42 AM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2005
Member of:AOS
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 14,740
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu? Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by İlyas06 View Post
Hello everyone, I am a new member of the orchid family. I agree with you from Turkey. I have some phalaenopsis, my phalaenopsis are not blooming like in russia or holland. I need your help with fertilizer. Is Orchids focus bloom and grow effective? I can find it in Turkey.
Select the formula with the highest nitrogen content, as that’s the most important fertilizer ingredient.

Apologies to OrchidNut555, but “half the recommended amount” is a meaningless recommendation, as 1) fertilizer companies’ goal is to sell fertilizer, not to help you grow better plants, and 2) the amount of fertilizer is related to the frequency of application.

If you feed every two weeks (the longest I’d ever go between feedings; more frequently is preferred), divide 18.4 by the %N in the fertilizer (round up or down as needed for ease of measuring) - the result is ml/L to mix for about 200 ppm N. If you feed weekly, use half that.

Do so year round and don’t bother changing formulas, as that really does nothing.
__________________
Ray Barkalow, Orchid Iconoclast
FIRSTRAYS.COM
Try Kelpak - you won't be sorry!
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Dusty Ol' Man liked this post
  #9  
Old 01-31-2023, 10:02 AM
OrchidNut555 OrchidNut555 is offline
Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 54
kelpak and physan 20 in the eu?
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Select the formula with the highest nitrogen content, as that’s the most important fertilizer ingredient.

Apologies to OrchidNut555, but “half the recommended amount” is a meaningless recommendation, as 1) fertilizer companies’ goal is to sell fertilizer, not to help you grow better plants, and 2) the amount of fertilizer is related to the frequency of application.

If you feed every two weeks (the longest I’d ever go between feedings; more frequently is preferred), divide 18.4 by the %N in the fertilizer (round up or down as needed for ease of measuring) - the result is ml/L to mix for about 200 ppm N. If you feed weekly, use half that.

Do so year round and don’t bother changing formulas, as that really does nothing.

1) i don't care about the company's goal, i care about taking care of my plants
2) plenty of people do it this way and have amazingmy good growing and blossoming plants.

what i've been noticing on orchidboard is a sheer intolerance to a different approach and it's starting to bother me. from comments like these (why should i care about a compans goal???) to comments that fel haughtt like "i'm super people have told you moss is a bad media for orchids".
everyone has teiir own way and their own media. it's ok to share your experience and your recommendations and to correct people about misinformation, but tzlling others off...yeah no.

if it works it works. live and let love. i had a period where i forgot about some plants due to mental health and they still blossomed without any fertilizer, and no it was not a stress bloom. people get too caught up in small technicalities and if you dare divert from it, you get corrected....chill out
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-2023, 07:09 PM
Dusty Ol' Man's Avatar
Dusty Ol' Man Dusty Ol' Man is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2020
Zone: 10a
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Age: 69
Posts: 1,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidNut555 View Post
1) i don't care about the company's goal, i care about taking care of my plants
2) plenty of people do it this way and have amazingmy good growing and blossoming plants.

what i've been noticing on orchidboard is a sheer intolerance to a different approach and it's starting to bother me. from comments like these (why should i care about a compans goal???) to comments that fel haughtt like "i'm super people have told you moss is a bad media for orchids".
everyone has teiir own way and their own media. it's ok to share your experience and your recommendations and to correct people about misinformation, but tzlling others off...yeah no.

if it works it works. live and let love. i had a period where i forgot about some plants due to mental health and they still blossomed without any fertilizer, and no it was not a stress bloom. people get too caught up in small technicalities and if you dare divert from it, you get corrected....chill out
Wow.
Welcome to First Rays!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
add, harmful, kelpak, orchids, physan


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.