Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #1  
Old 05-16-2020, 11:53 PM
hypostatic hypostatic is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 168
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Male
Default Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker

This is a review of Rogue Orchids, at rogueorchids.com . The name of the grower and owner is Brent Baker.

I bought two plants from Rogue Orchids. My order was shipped quickly after it was placed. The orchids were perfectly packaged, and they arrived in excellent condition. The orchids were in impeccable health. Additionally, the orchids were very nicely priced. I'd give the vendor a 10/10 -- I definitely plan on buying again from Rogue Orchids.

Some of the orchids listed for sale come in two sizes (eg 3" and 4" pots). Pro tip: spend a couple extra bucks on the larger size. The larger size orchid was huuuuuge! I've definitely paid substantially more for smaller comparable orchids.

My only regret is that I didn't buy MORE plants from Rogue Orchids in my first order!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2020, 12:58 AM
Roberta's Avatar
Roberta Roberta is offline
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Zone: 10a
Location: Coastal southern California, USA
Posts: 4,423
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Female
Default

Good to know... there are some interesting things on their website. The website doesn't give a location, but I'm guessing from the phone number that they're actually close to me (714 area code). Does the return address on your order give a city? I'm always looking for show vendors and society speakers, so if this is a local (to me) resource that would great to know.
__________________
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Carl Sagan

Roberta's Orchids

What's blooming for Southern California Species hobbyists
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2020, 09:48 AM
wisdomseeker's Avatar
wisdomseeker wisdomseeker is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Member of:AOS
Location: SE USA
Posts: 192
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypostatic View Post
This is a review of Rogue Orchids, at rogueorchids.com . The name of the grower and owner is Brent Baker.
I bought two plants from Rogue Orchids. My order was shipped quickly after it was placed. The orchids were perfectly packaged, and they arrived in excellent condition. The orchids were in impeccable health. Additionally, the orchids were very nicely priced. I'd give the vendor a 10/10 -- I definitely plan on buying again
from Rogue Orchids.
Some of the orchids listed for sale come in two sizes (eg 3" and 4" pots). Pro tip: spend a couple extra bucks on the larger size. The larger size orchid was huuuuuge! I've definitely paid substantially more for smaller comparable orchids.
My only regret is that I didn't buy MORE plants from Rogue Orchids in my first order!
Agree. Acquired a few of his bulbo & sarco crosses in years past (they have matured into really nice plants). I'm sure there is some hidden meaning behind "Rogue".

I know Brent did a brief bio about himself on his website... the following quotes have remained on my front burner: "I encountered my first orchid by accident at a mall that was holding an annual orchid show and was instantly hooked, the orchid was a Paphiopedilum. I was told by the individual selling the plant that it would be too difficult for me to learn and basically was not given the time of day."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:49 AM
DeaC's Avatar
DeaC DeaC is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Zone: 6b
Member of:AOS
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,278
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Female
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Good to know... there are some interesting things on their website. The website doesn't give a location, but I'm guessing from the phone number that they're actually close to me (714 area code). Does the return address on your order give a city? I'm always looking for show vendors and society speakers, so if this is a local (to me) resource that would great to know.
Hello Roberta...thought you'd like to know that this vendor is called "disanuts" on Ebay,if that helps.
__________________
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools because they have to say something. Plato
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2020, 11:53 AM
Roberta's Avatar
Roberta Roberta is offline
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Zone: 10a
Location: Coastal southern California, USA
Posts: 4,423
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaC View Post
Hello Roberta...thought you'd like to know that this vendor is called "disanuts" on Ebay,if that helps.
Thanks! That's also the email address on the website, I can just send him an email.
__________________
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Carl Sagan

Roberta's Orchids

What's blooming for Southern California Species hobbyists
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2020, 12:38 PM
hypostatic hypostatic is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 168
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Good to know... there are some interesting things on their website. The website doesn't give a location, but I'm guessing from the phone number that they're actually close to me (714 area code). Does the return address on your order give a city? I'm always looking for show vendors and society speakers, so if this is a local (to me) resource that would great to know.
Unfortunately I ordered a few weeks back, and don't have the boxes anymore
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2020, 01:56 PM
camille1585's Avatar
camille1585 camille1585 is offline
Administrator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: middle of the Netherlands
Posts: 12,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Thanks! That's also the email address on the website, I can just send him an email.
Some sleuthing online with the phone number seems to suggest that it is located in Anaheim, CA. But yeah, emailing is probabaly the best way to know!
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2020, 01:59 PM
Roberta's Avatar
Roberta Roberta is offline
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Zone: 10a
Location: Coastal southern California, USA
Posts: 4,423
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Female
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille1585 View Post
Some sleuthing online with the phone number seems to suggest that it is located in Anaheim, CA. But yeah, emailing is probabaly the best way to know!
That's what made me suspect that he's local to me... Sometimes people keep a cell phone with a number from some other place they have lived, since typically there's no such thing as a "long distance call" any more. But there are a couple of other clues in the About section that's he still in this area. I'll just inquire directly.
__________________
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Carl Sagan

Roberta's Orchids

What's blooming for Southern California Species hobbyists
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2020, 09:24 PM
isurus79's Avatar
isurus79 isurus79 is offline
Senior Member
American Orchid Society Judge
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Zone: 8b
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 40
Posts: 8,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaC View Post
Hello Roberta...thought you'd like to know that this vendor is called "disanuts" on Ebay,if that helps.
He used to be pretty active on this site as "disanuts" as well!
__________________
Pics on Flickr

Instagram

YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2020, 10:35 PM
farley101 farley101 is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2019
Zone: 4a
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 139
Rogue Orchids / Brent Baker Male
Default

I had inquired with him a few weeks ago about a larger size plant that I was looking for and haven't heard back. Time to try again it seems. He has a nice assortment available and it's not an urgent request so it's not a major thing. Yet. 😆
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
baker, orchids, plants, rogue, size


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Book list Graehstone Orchid Lounge 25 11-09-2013 09:27 AM
Photos of Outstanding Orchids on Trees - Reddit epiphyte78 Outdoor Gardening 7 10-16-2013 06:37 PM
Orchids Growing Out of Control!!! PhalinVA Beginner Discussion 16 04-26-2013 11:32 AM
shore orchid festival -- july 23, 24 & 25 -- @ silva orchids -- neptune, nj mindbum Orchid Show Announcements 4 07-31-2010 12:57 PM
A Practical 150 gal Orchidarium-eBay cheap brsword Growing Under Lights 5 02-19-2010 06:39 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.