Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.

Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #11  
Old 01-15-2020, 02:13 PM
DirtyCoconuts DirtyCoconuts is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida, East Coast
Posts: 1,282
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

I thought that same thing Bud, but you donít really advise that in Florida....we have a bad habit of shooting first


It is not a bad idea to contact the Sarasota sheriffs dept and ask if they have a fraud unit regarding sales and such?

If he is selling things under false names that is not legal. Not sure about the mechanics of the enforcement but Iíd start there
__________________
Rooted in South Florida....

Zone 10b, Baby! Hot and wet
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 3 Likes
Likes Subrosa, Chemtiger, Clawhammer liked this post
  #12  
Old 01-16-2020, 10:05 AM
Jmworchid Jmworchid is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2019
Zone: 8a
Location: Florida
Posts: 8
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida Female
Default

I donít know why you are angry with me. First of all the address of vendors is not available on eBay. Neither is their real name only the city. That would be four hours one way. I definitely would not involve the police department over a $40 plant. They have better things to do. Apparently you donít know what eBay is all about. They have rules to protect the buyers from unscrupulous sellers. That is why they have a money back guarantee. Your anger is better directed at sellers like this one. My only intent was to make unsuspecting orchid growers aware of this person so they donít get burned.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Subrosa liked this post
  #13  
Old 01-16-2020, 01:30 PM
DirtyCoconuts DirtyCoconuts is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2019
Zone: 10b
Location: South Florida, East Coast
Posts: 1,282
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

I am not sure who your comment is directed at about being angry but I it is me, I am definitely not angry and was certainly not trying to come across as such. And I am very sorry if I did.
__________________
Rooted in South Florida....

Zone 10b, Baby! Hot and wet
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2020, 02:42 PM
Bud's Avatar
Bud Bud is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Zone: 7b
Location: Manhattan, NY
Age: 35
Posts: 8,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmworchid View Post
I donít know why you are angry with me. First of all the address of vendors is not available on eBay. Neither is their real name only the city. That would be four hours one way. I definitely would not involve the police department over a $40 plant. They have better things to do. Apparently you donít know what eBay is all about. They have rules to protect the buyers from unscrupulous sellers. That is why they have a money back guarantee. Your anger is better directed at sellers like this one. My only intent was to make unsuspecting orchid growers aware of this person so they donít get burned.
No one is angry at you. Find the box or the Paypal order receipt and the real name and address is there. Even if it is merely $40 it is still fraud and it is a criminal offence both local and federal.
Reply With Quote
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Likes
Likes Chemtiger liked this post
  #15  
Old 03-11-2020, 11:50 AM
JScott JScott is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 416
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmworchid View Post
Ebay is opening up fraud charges against this seller. If mire people would notify eBay about being burned he would get banned from selling on eBay and it would save future customers from having to deal with him
I talked to PayPal (which is owned by eBay, so it's essentially the same as talking to eBay), and the guy I talked to said that yes, it's too late to open any kind of dispute, but he did say, "We do monitor all accounts and do take action on accounts when necessary. Unfortunately I am not able to discuss anything that may be happening on those accounts." Which may be him just blowing me off because there's nothing they can do, or it may mean that they are investigating marblekg.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2020, 12:22 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Oak Island NC
Posts: 11,108
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida Male
Default

For the last 12 months, there are 1000 positives, 5 neutrals, and only 3 negatives in the feedback profile.
__________________
Ray Barkalow, Orchid Iconoclast
Want Better Plants? READ THIS
shop.firstrays.com

Free Shipping in the US! (see terms & conditions for details)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2020, 02:52 PM
JScott JScott is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 416
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
For the last 12 months, there are 1000 positives, 5 neutrals, and only 3 negatives in the feedback profile.
Yeah, he's got a pretty clever scam going here. He lists popular plants that he knows people will buy, then he sends them whatever he has, and the plants look good when they arrive, so the buyer leaves a positive rating. After a couple years when the plant gets big enough to bloom, and the buyer realizes they didn't get the plant they ordered, there's nothing they can do. They can't go back and change the positive feedback rating. So of course most of his feedback is positive. It takes a year or two before people realize they've been had.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Bud's Avatar
Bud Bud is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Zone: 7b
Location: Manhattan, NY
Age: 35
Posts: 8,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScott View Post
I talked to PayPal (which is owned by eBay, so it's essentially the same as talking to eBay), and the guy I talked to said that yes, it's too late to open any kind of dispute, but he did say, "We do monitor all accounts and do take action on accounts when necessary. Unfortunately I am not able to discuss anything that may be happening on those accounts." Which may be him just blowing me off because there's nothing they can do, or it may mean that they are investigating marblekg.
No, do not contact Ebay or PaypalÖ.if you log in to your Paypal account, you can trace your receipt and invoices you paid by date....and on the receipt you paid for the item from MarblekgÖ..you will see the real name and the address of the seller.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2020, 11:38 PM
clintonsparsons clintonsparsons is offline
Jr. Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 26
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

Is there a way to block sellers on ebay so that I can add him to some block list and he wont even appear in my list of results when i search?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-12-2020, 01:38 AM
JScott JScott is offline
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 416
Marblekg orchid vendor in Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
No, do not contact Ebay or PaypalÖ.if you log in to your Paypal account, you can trace your receipt and invoices you paid by date....and on the receipt you paid for the item from MarblekgÖ..you will see the real name and the address of the seller.
And leave a flaming paper bag of dog poop on his doorstep? That sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't think it will help the situation much. I did notice on my PayPal invoices that the name of his operation is Gary's Orchids.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonsparsons View Post
Is there a way to block sellers on ebay so that I can add him to some block list and he wont even appear in my list of results when i search?
There is, and I've done it before, and it's complicated and I don't remember how I did it. You go to the search settings, and you can exclude certain sellers from your searches, but as I recall it was not user friendly and it took me a while to figure out how to do it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
growing, orchids, percivaliana, urge, vendor


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orchid Seeds Germinated On My Tree! epiphyte78 Outdoor Gardening 31 06-16-2018 09:02 PM
New Judging category at my orchid show Lordoftheswarms Orchid Lounge 1 11-09-2013 08:33 PM
Shore Orchid Festival - June 10, 11 & 12, 2011 at Silva Orchids mindbum Orchid Show Announcements 1 05-03-2011 03:40 PM
Need Help Locating Florida Grower of This Orchid mjsdas Cattleya Alliance 9 11-17-2008 10:09 PM
Florida Orchid Growing Book flhiker Orchid Lounge 1 03-23-2008 07:22 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.