Login
User Name
Password   


Registration is FREE. Click to become a member of OrchidBoard community
(You're NOT logged in)

menu menu

Sponsor
Donate Now
and become
Forum Supporter.


Many perks!
<...more...>


Sponsor
 

Google


Fauna Top Sites
Register Members O.C.D. Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
LOG IN/REGISTER TO CLOSE THIS ADVERTISEMENT
  #1  
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Zone: 4a
Posts: 2,679
Default Ascofinetia Cherry Blossom, first blossoms

It took awhile but it finally put out one spike. Not bad for a frigid Maine winter!

In Erin Pot

Ascofinetia Cherry Blossom, first blossoms-ascofinetia-erin-pot-800-x-600.jpg

Close up of one blossom

Ascofinetia Cherry Blossom, first blossoms-ascofinetia-cherry-blossom-2-16-09-800-x-600.jpg


Al
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Zone: 9b
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 30
Posts: 1,073
Default

Awww!!! How darling! I love it. What a pretty color. I am guessing this is just a bit larger then a regular neo?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Zone: 9b
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 30
Posts: 1,073
Default

I forgot to ask, what is the fragrance like, if any?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Zone: 4a
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennS View Post
I forgot to ask, what is the fragrance like, if any?
It's just a bit smaller than a regular neo but may be due to cold growing conditions. No scent that I can detect.
Al
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
nenella's Avatar
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: France, Atlantic Coast, Royan
Posts: 3,657
Default

Very pretty colour !
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Brooke's Avatar
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,277
Default

Congrats Al, it's lovely!

Brooke
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
camille1585's Avatar
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wageningen, Netherlands
Age: 29
Posts: 9,888
Default

Great job Al, she's really pretty! I really want to get some of the Neo hybrids, they have nice colors.
__________________
Camille

Completely orchid obsessed and loving every minute of it....

My Orchid Photos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Member of:GVOS
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,064
Female
Default

Oh I love it. I have one, now I know what to look for. Mine shows no sign of a spike yet.
It's gorgous in the Erin pot, good blend of colors.

Marilyn
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Dorothy's Avatar
Super Moderator
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Zone: 7b
Location: Long Island, NY
Age: 53
Posts: 7,357
Default

Such a precious little beauty!
The erin pot just adds to it's beauty .. a perfect pair!

Al - I moved this thread to the Neo Forum
__________________
Dorothy

"Nothing beats the orchid -- as an offering of love"
- paraphrasing Marlowe Hood from 'Orchid Fossil Quells Evolutionary Quarrel'


Toto, I Have A Feeling We're Not In Kansas Anymore! ...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:08 AM
Senior Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Zone: 4a
Posts: 2,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
Al - I moved this thread to the Neo Forum
Thanks Dorothy, I can always depend on you, so glad to have you back! 99% of the time I have no idea what I'm doing and the other 1% is questionable!

Al
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iwan. Apple Blossom Rosim_in_BR Cattleya Alliance 9 10-03-2008 08:59 PM
Cym South Coast 'Cherry Blossom' Bolero Cymbidium Alliance 7 09-18-2008 03:56 PM
Cym Cherry Blossom 'Profusion' Bolero Cymbidium Alliance 5 06-22-2008 10:00 AM
Ascofinetia Cherry Blossoms cb977 Vanda Alliance - others 11 06-18-2008 03:37 AM
Iwanagara Apple Blossom "Hihimanu" L I Jane Cattleya Alliance 21 04-24-2007 10:20 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

© 2007 OrchidBoard.com

Clubs, ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0