and become
Forum Supporter.

Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret
Many perks!
<...more...>

Sponsor

Google

Fauna Top Sites
Register Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret Members Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret Today's PostsTriacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret
Go Back   Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! > >

Old 03-17-2020, 11:31 PM

I noticed that the media was breaking down and since both the mericlones had active root growth I up potted into 3" pots. I have given the plant B 3 treatments of 1 ppm spaced a week apart. Here's how the plants are looking.

Plant A:
2 active tips
1 nearly complete pseudobulb
Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret-20200317_111255-jpg

Plant B:
one new actively growing eye
5 active tips
Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret-20200317_110323-jpg

We still cannot rule out that plant B is just a healthier spunkier mericlone. However, it produced a significantly higher number of roots after the maturation of its new growth. Plant A has only produced one new root as its pseudobulb matures.
Attached Thumbnails
Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret-20200317_110323-jpg   Triacontanol: The Rose Grower's Secret-20200317_111255-jpg  
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Likes
Likes Orchid.Newbie, itzi liked this post
Old 01-27-2022, 08:48 PM

Zone: 9b

Have you continued this experiment further? Would love to know how the plants performed over the course of the growing season.
Old 01-27-2022, 10:03 PM

Yes I continued this experiment. The results were inconclusive- was I dosing too high or too low? there are commercial Ag products that contain stabilized triacontanol but not in consumer quantities. I would like to try them sometime.

The method I used had the triacontanol crash out over a week and I eventually quit after 3 months because it became annoying to prepare.

Clearly in an organic soil type situation, adding alfalfa is the easiest thing to do if you want to give your plants with triacontanol. Also found in tea leaves and beeswax in decent quantities.

Here is the ag product, but I don't want to pay $190 bucks for a quart right now:
NTS triacontanol

There are a few cannabis additives that have triacontanol but they don't say how much is in the product so its hard to control and often contain other things I don't want to add:

Green Planet Massive Bloom
CANNA Boost
Old 01-28-2022, 04:40 AM

Zone: 9b

Thank you for the prompt reply. In my place, liquid formulations of 0.05% triacontanol (Miraculan) are available for reasonable price (~$2) for 100 ml. I will probably get it in some time to try on my seedling sized plants (1 ml per litre).

Last edited by Orchid.Newbie; 01-28-2022 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-28-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid.Newbie View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply. In my place, liquid formulations of 0.05% tricontanol (Miraculan) are available for reasonable price (~$2) for 100 ml. I will probably get it in some time to try on my seedling sized plants (1 ml per litre).
Interesting! I think that rate should be better than what I used-