Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Propagation (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/propagation/)
-   -   Redneck Orchid Flasking (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/propagation/9836-redneck-orchid-flasking.html)

Gin 03-19-2008 03:29 PM

Redneck Orchid Flasking

2 Attachment(s)
I just got done making up the replate jars , don't ya jest luv my lab ? I dumped out the 100 proof and put em in it ..:scratchhead: :rofl: ginnie lou

Des 03-19-2008 03:55 PM

Ar'nt you trying to mount them a little early? :rofl:

cb977 03-19-2008 04:13 PM

Ah, Ginnie Lou...looks like ya got 'er done!

calvin_orchidL 03-19-2008 04:18 PM

whatcha replating, gin? :)

Royal 03-19-2008 04:19 PM

Looks kind of like my lab!

How big are they when you replate? How long after germ?

Gin 03-19-2008 05:17 PM

Aw shucks:biggrin:
Not replated them yet, the jars have to sit for a week or so to see if there is contamination . Some are getting to the point of redoing and some not I flasked them on 7th of Jan. they were starting to germinate on Feb. 12 . I have read several different things on when to reflask one is crowding , another if in a non vented flask pros and cons on that ,I think the main reason is the replate medium promotes faster growth .Have read to reflask before they grow leaves when they first start little fuzzy roots also something about a point on them ?I have a couple of jars with very few in them might leave them to see what they do . I dread re doing them . They are Phal. stobartiana X equestris .. A big thanks to all that have posted information on how to ..:bowing gin

calvin_orchidL 03-19-2008 10:06 PM

ooooh that cross sounds interesting! GJ on the protocorm growth :bowing In case anyone is interested, did a few google searches and here is a link to a photo of what this cross MIGHT look like: Big Leaf Orchids • View topic - Phal. Memoria Herman Sweet (sorry if it was supposed to be a surprise:blushing: - not sure the pod/pollen parentage so you may get something totally different!)

Gin 03-19-2008 10:37 PM

Quote I think it is generally believed that it was not made with stobartiana, but I do not think there is really consensus on what the non-equestris parent was. If I remember correctly I think Mark leans towards wilsonii, but I could be wrong. I think wilsonii seems probable, but I haven't seen a lot of plants of hybrids made with the Chinese species. ;-)

Copied from the link , at one time I found a picture of the X looked nothing like the one they show . Guess I will have to wait and see, if they make it .. Gin

GreggC 03-20-2008 08:40 AM

You might be a redneck if...

you've ever used a Boone's Farm Fuzzy Navel bottle in your orchid flasking operation. :rofl:

Gin 03-20-2008 09:20 AM

Oh yeah ! Get the pressure cooker lid stuck (take a sip) burn finger (take a sip) pour some over the burn , Give flasks a sip (might grow faster ) .:rofl: