Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Introductions - Break the Ice ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/)
-   -   Hello Everybody!!! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/97956-hello.html)

Kesorkol 06-11-2018 10:57 AM

Hello Everybody!!!

:hello

How’s everyone doing? :biggrin:
Well, since I’m new here, I’ll start off by talking a little bit about myself.

I’m currently living in the United Kingdom, but before moving here I used to live in Cambodia! (Oh! How I miss the tropical sun!) :surfing:

Anyway, just like everyone else on this forum, I really love orchids!
All though, I’m not really new to growing orchids, since I used to grow them back in Cambodia. (I hope they’re still alive!) :crossfing
Well, by ‘grow’ I really mean stick them on a tree and hope they survive! :cool:
Now that I’m living in the U.K. I’ve had to start all over, which is both heartbreaking and exciting!

Hopefully, I’ll get to share my story and orchids with everyone here and learn a lot more about growing these beautiful plants!
If you have any questions feel free to ask away! Though, it’s more likely I’ll be asking most of the questions because, I’ve got loads! :biggrin:

Thanks!

Dollythehun 06-11-2018 11:30 AM

Welcome Kesorkol! Yes, you'll find lots of brilliant orchid lovers here, information abounds! It sounds like you could hardly have picked two more different climates to grow in. But we have lots of knowledgeable members in the UK who are sure to help you.

charlesf6 06-11-2018 12:50 PM

Hello! & :welcome:

estación seca 06-11-2018 02:24 PM

Welcome to the Orchid Board!

There are excellent growers living in the UK here on Orchid Board. And consider joining a nearby orchid society.

Kesorkol 06-11-2018 02:33 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :biggrin:
I’m definitely considering joining an orchid society!
I’m sure it would be a great learning opportunity, especially since I have no experience growing orchids in a cooler climate! :shock:

Roberta 06-11-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesorkol (Post 877776)
Thank you all for the warm welcome! :biggrin:
I’m definitely considering joining an orchid society!
I’m sure it would be a great learning opportunity, especially since I have no experience growing orchids in a cooler climate! :shock:

Welcome! And joining a society is excellent - you will learn the many strategies that people use to feed their addiction wherever they are!

DeaC 06-11-2018 03:11 PM

Hi there! An OB member who lives in Brazil(?) mounts plants on nearby trees with amazing results. I can see why you would miss that experience. :waving

Leafmite 06-11-2018 10:14 PM

Hello and welcome!

Growing orchids and other tropicals in a cool place is certainly a different experience. Good luck! :)

vsantos 06-12-2018 10:18 PM

Welcome!

Kesorkol 06-13-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 877786)
Hi there! An OB member who lives in Brazil(?) mounts plants on nearby trees with amazing results. I can see why you would miss that experience. :waving

Hi!:biggrin:

Oh I definitely miss being able to grow orchids outdoors and on trees! They’re just so beautiful when you see them growing in a sort of natural state. Plus, I let Mother Nature do most of the work! :)