Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   My Hausermann's purchases (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/96833-hausermanns-purchases.html)

Dollythehun 02-28-2018 12:17 PM

My Hausermann's purchases

2 Attachment(s)
I wasn't sure where to put this. I don't think you can call this a "haul." My space is quite limited so I was buying cautiously.
From the left front: Tolumnia Jairik Flyer 'Rainbow,' Angraecum didieri x sib, Sarcochilis Melba, a begonia, back row left: Blr. 'Tacoma Glacier,' fern Hermionitis arifolia (Heart fern) and Slc. Jewel Box 'Orange.' The second photo is the top of Tacoma Glacier. It has two spikes and one starting. It was wildly expensive, just not for what I got. The plant is bursting the pot. The beginning is a replacement for one a friend gave me years ago. And, I just like unusual ferns. Pictures were not possible as it was elbow to elbow.

Leafmite 02-28-2018 12:30 PM

How fantastic! I think all the plants are very nice additions to the collection. However did you manage to escape with just that number? I am afraid that if i was there, I would have needed a U-Haul to return.

I have always wondered...is the jewel box fragrant?

Dollythehun 02-28-2018 12:32 PM

I didn't notice any scent here but, it was faintly scented there.

Leafmite 02-28-2018 12:37 PM

Thanks. I always wondered. I have another orange Cattleya that should be fragrant but it is a seedling and a few years from blooming so I won't know for a time. Jewel Box is a beauty, though. :)

JScott 02-28-2018 07:17 PM

No, the Jewel Box is not fragrant.

Mountaineer370 03-01-2018 08:10 AM

Those are all very nice! I especially like the orange Catt. I bet you enjoyed the Hausermann's open house. :)

Dollythehun 03-01-2018 08:49 AM

I do, Cheri but it is SO busy and crammed! In my old age, I'm not much for crowds. If you want to peruse a table, someone else needs in there etc. But they bring a lot in that would tempt any novice. I try to stay away from that. Pictures would have been nearly impossible.

Paul 03-01-2018 10:17 AM

Nice selection. :Tup: Hausermann's will be at the MOS show in Madison Hts, MI Palm Sunday weekend. Always like seeing what they and the other vendors bring. Don't usually find much from Hausermann's that I can't pass up .... most of what they usually bring are larger growers. Those I can admire and pass by as I simply don't have the space for big'uns.

Leafmite 03-01-2018 04:49 PM

All this talk of their open house and seeing your beautiful orchids has made me really long for some new ones and, thankfully, my Hausermann's order came. :)

Hausermann's open house is again this weekend for anyone that is in the area and needs an orchid fix. Of course, if you live in the Akron area of Ohio, the Greater Akron Orchid Society is having their show this weekend and there will be a great variety of orchids for sale, as always. Donzells is probably having their wine tasting and sell quite a few other plants, too (it is an amazing place for the plant-obsessed). :)

Dollythehun 03-01-2018 06:52 PM

That would be a good combo for over indulging🥂