Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   About this board (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/)
-   -   Mobile version of orchidboard forum website (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/96662-mobile-version-orchidboard-forum-website.html)

Laticauda 02-12-2018 11:24 AM

Mobile version of orchidboard forum website

Is there a mobile version of this website available? The buttons are so tiny on the classic site, it makes it very difficult to read/navigate.

I believe vbulletin does have the capability but if it's there, I think the site admin would have to enable it.

I do not use tapatalk.
Sorry if this is something that's been discussed already and I appreciate anyone's help.

estación seca 02-12-2018 02:18 PM

The site owner hasn't been responsive to requests to upgrade the plugin to enable Tapatalk.

Laticauda 02-12-2018 02:36 PM

I don't want to use tapatalk either, so I understand that!

camille1585 02-13-2018 02:08 AM

As estación seca points out the site owner is not very responsive anymore. He runs a business, and I think he's now just too busy to deal with Orchidboard and making upgrades or activating options. So we make do with what we have!

I too would love a mobile version of the site, also not being a huge fan of tapatalk.

WaterWitchin 02-13-2018 10:24 AM

I don't use Tapatalk. I'm old and my eyesight isn't the best, so I go with a desktop and big monitor and save iPhone and tablet for necessities.

Having said that, there are a lot of forums that have discontinued supporting Tapatalk and moved on to newer apps. So maybe when/if this gets upgraded, it will be to a newer "something" for mobile use?

Laticauda 02-13-2018 01:15 PM

I was thinking along the lines of a mobile version of the website itself. For example: if you type in m.ebay.com it will take you to the mobile version which has a more streamlined experience versus the busy (and tiny) texts on the classic site.

I do not wish to download an app to view a website on my phone.

Another big problem with this forum is the fact that many functions simply don't work on a phone (Like the search function).

I would imagine the admin would make much more ad revenue if the site were compatible with mobile Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.

Most people do not have desk top computers anymore. It's an unnecessary and expensive luxury in the world we live in today. The majority of internet traffic is from phones or tablets (mobile versions of browsers).
Oh how I do miss my mouse though.

estación seca 02-13-2018 01:25 PM

Website mobile design would need to be incorporated into the basic software. I don't think it's something the site owner can change. I'm just guessing, but I suspect the software developers decided to do mobile via plugins for other apps, rather than rewriting the package.

Try Opera Mobile Browser. It automatically reflows text when you resize Web pages, so you don't have to drag the page back and forth to read a line. You can resize with a quick double-tap, or by pinching and expanding fingers.

Try clicking Search, then Advanced Search. That works on my phone.

My Green Pets 03-24-2018 12:31 AM

have you tried instagram? if not, check it out. instead of threads, there are posts, and hashtags # mark different categories.