Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   News, Updates & Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/)
-   -   way to create a table in a post? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/96169-create-table-post.html)

Paul 12-27-2017 03:27 PM

way to create a table in a post?

So there is some info particularly for newbies I thought might be useful to present as a table (more or less a grid format). However, I don't see any intuitive way to do so -- my table creation limited to MSWord, or occasionally Excel. Is there an easy way to do so?

rbarata 12-27-2017 03:31 PM

I don't think you can.
You can always create it and post a prt scr.

Bud 12-27-2017 04:28 PM

Do your table on any which way you want to whether on MsWord or Excel, print it out, take a picture and post it here.

charlesf6 12-27-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 861935)
“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it”
-- Albert Einstein

..well spoken

Paul 12-29-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 861944)
Do your table on any which way you want to whether on MsWord or Excel, print it out, take a picture and post it here.

Bummer. Would be much easier if a table could be created in the post. That way additions could easily be made without potentially having multiple updated tables of basically the same thing.

Ray 12-29-2017 02:15 PM

Below is an Excel table that I simply selected and copied, then pasted here. No need to print or photograph.

A B C
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

rbarata 12-29-2017 02:29 PM

Ray, I suspect a more complex table would not give that result without extra work.
The answer to the question would be: BBcode or HTML.
I think we, as users, are not allowed to use it at OB. Some forums let users to activate these functionalities in their profile but I didn't find it in my profile options.

Ray 12-30-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbarata (Post 862091)
Ray, I suspect a more complex table would not give that result without extra work.
The answer to the question would be: BBcode or HTML.
I think we, as users, are not allowed to use it at OB. Some forums let users to activate these functionalities in their profile but I didn't find it in my profile options.

I'm absolutely sure you're correct.

I tried a BB Code table, using [table], [tr], [td], etc, and I only saw the code displayed, so deleted it.

rbarata 12-30-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

I tried a BB Code table, using [table], [tr], [td], etc, and I only saw the code displayed, so deleted it.
I also tried HTML and the result was the same.

estación seca 12-30-2017 03:48 PM

Below the quick message box is a grey button, Go Advanced. Pressing that yields a box with a flock of icons at the top. The three in the upper right are
Wrap [Code] tags around selected text
Wrap [HTML] tags around selected text
Wrap [PHP] tags around selected text

I'm busy with chores and don't have time to investigate further. I vaguely recall PHP usually needs the platform to have an up-to-date plugin, and HTML would not.

But, in the lower left corner of this compose page, I see the following information:
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

I'm going to go outside now and do some sawing on an overgrown mesquite.