Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Off Topic - Totally (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/)
-   -   Curious about numbers of post. (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/96041-curious-post.html)

greenpassion 12-10-2017 02:28 PM

Curious about numbers of post.

Lately I have noticed that's some of the members here have a very high number of post, and have been a member for a year or two. Others have been long-time members and much number of post. I am curious as to whether there is a correlation between the number of posts and whether one is retired or working. I myself work 40-plus hours a week, and have I don't know maybe 800 post so far, and I've been on this board since 2011. Just curious.

estación seca 12-10-2017 02:36 PM

It's more related to how much people prefer orchids over their job.

Bud 12-10-2017 03:04 PM

I have the app on my phone, so while waiting for the subway or bus, I can read and reply to some of the posting I am interested in. At work, I also deal with computers and the board can be one of the minimized frames and easily pulled back if time is available.

Dollythehun 12-10-2017 03:24 PM

Same here. I can just click to it quickly (on my phone) and look at a post or two and move on to something else. In answer to your speculation on being retired, we are semi retired. But, I often read the OB while the news is on etc. I'm pretty busy so there's probably not a correlation for me.

camille1585 12-10-2017 04:53 PM

Almost 11000 posts for me, but accumulated over 10 years. I was posting a lot in the early years since I was a student with plenty of time.

I know people who have high post counts in only a few years not because they spent hours a day here, but because they would post short comments/compliments on many threads where people are showing an orchid in bloom. 10 posts a day that way= over 3000 posts per year.

Also, the level of activity is much much lower than it was a few years ago, so it's harder to post so much!

greenpassion 12-10-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 860377)
It's more related to how much people prefer orchids over their job.

Ha! Good answer. :lol: I too have the OB on my phone as well-actually, unless I'm on a computer at work, I use my phone to go on this board. (Currently I'm at work, on the computer-a NO NO! :blushing:) I know that in the beginning when I first joined, I wasn't on here very frequently, but my orchid addiction has escalated in recentl years, so I go to the board much more. :blushing:

jkofferdahl 12-10-2017 05:08 PM

As a librarian I often get idle desk time. If so, I pop in to see what's up.

There is utterly no correlation between number of posts and knowledge.

greenpassion 12-10-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkofferdahl (Post 860398)
As a librarian I often get idle desk time. If so, I pop in to see what's up.

There is utterly no correlation between number of posts and knowledge.

That goes without saying. :)

rbarata 12-10-2017 06:12 PM

Sometimes I post a lot, sometimes less and I don't know much about orchids...:roll:

stonedragonfarms 12-10-2017 07:26 PM

A better guage would have been a counter of the number of threads a member initiated...