Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pet Depot (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/)
-   -   What do your dogs eat? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/96039-dogs-eat.html)

Arizona Jeanie 12-10-2017 01:01 PM

What do your dogs eat?

I have two little rescue dogs who've been brightening my life for awhile now. Last night, I had an extra boiled egg, so peeled and cut it up and added it to their dry food. I've never given them boiled eggs before so was a little curious how the dogs would like them. Well, Raffi scarfed it all down right away. Ty sniffed it over then carefully picked up each piece, ate the yolk, and spit the white out on the floor. He finished off all the yolk and left all the whites in a ring around the dish--which Raffi then cleaned up.
They always find a way to make me laugh! :rofl:

DeaC 12-10-2017 01:05 PM

You'll never need a vacuum cleaner again! Woof and Merry Christmas.

Subrosa 12-10-2017 01:52 PM

Food

estación seca 12-10-2017 02:20 PM

Whatever humans eat, dogs will eat. And more.

What's good for them? That's another question. People forget how small most dogs are compared to humans. Four or five extra biscuits per day equals another feeding. No wonder so many dogs are even fatter than their owners.

Bud 12-10-2017 03:17 PM

My Rottweiler eats oranges, apples and pears....dry dog food, canned dog food....the rest of my breakfast of bacon and eggs....half of my ham or turkey sandwich for lunch and I always make it a point to bring a doggie bag if ever I eat out in a restaurant with friends. Special treat is beef jerky from the deli.

jkofferdahl 12-10-2017 05:12 PM

The base food is Iams kibble. If there are leftovers they also get those. They aren't much for fruit but scarf up vegetables.

rbarata 12-10-2017 05:40 PM

When I had dogs we used to do separate meals for them, consisting of rice and cow lungs that we got from a slaughterhouse nearby.
Sometimes we gave them leftovers when we knew they like it.
About fruit, not so much but sometimes we geve them vegetables. Also they eat grass by their own iniciative to clean the digestive system.
BTW, give them grapes, one by one, put them on the floor ans let them eat.
You'll probably laugh...;)

DeaC 12-10-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbarata (Post 860406)
When I had dogs we used to do separate meals for them, consisting of rice and cow lungs that we got from a slaughterhouse nearby.
Sometimes we gave them leftovers when we knew they like it.
About fruit, not so much but sometimes we geve them vegetables. Also they eat grass by their own iniciative to clean the digestive system.
BTW, give them grapes, one by one, put them on the floor ans let them eat.
You'll probably laugh...;)

Grapes and raisins can be toxic for dogs ,FYI.

Pattywack 12-10-2017 06:01 PM

Our little dog eats Origen kibble as her “dog food”. She eats many other things as well especially vegetables. She loves lettuce and green beans. She also likes potatoes, raw or cooked though they are not really good for dogs. Peanut butter is a favorite snack, occasionally given. She likes yogurt and ice cream if we allow her to have ice cream, another not so great snack. Bananas were very popular for awhile, now she isn’t interested in them but will enjoy apple slices. And cheese!

She is a silly little Cockapoo and wants whatever we are having, always. She doesn’t understand when we tell her it’s not Pootie food.

rbarata 12-10-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Grapes and raisins can be toxic for dogs ,FYI.
Didn't knew about that. But they never had any problems.