Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   About this board (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/)
-   -   unscribe from this site (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/95747-unscribe-site.html)

booman5@sympatico.ca 10-31-2017 10:44 PM

unscribe from this site

Help how do I unscribe from this site

fishmom 11-01-2017 12:23 AM

I don't know that you can unsubscribe. Just don't log in. If you are trying to change your username, contact one of the moderators. Camille1585 is a moderator, also Tindomul, not sure who else.

camille1585 11-01-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishmom (Post 857442)
I don't know that you can unsubscribe. Just don't log in. If you are trying to change your username, contact one of the moderators. Camille1585 is a moderator, also Tindomul, not sure who else.

Moderators don't have that power, only administrators. Trouble is that none of our admins are still active.

Booman5, try contacting RosieC with your request (do you just want to change your username or really be deleted?). If she doesn't reply let me know and I can reach out to her outside of OB and tell her to check her messages.

booman5@sympatico.ca 11-01-2017 07:08 AM

I just want to unscribe from this site cancel my acct is there an email i can send

camille1585 11-01-2017 07:14 AM

See my previous post, I gave the username of the person you can send a private message to.

Ray 11-01-2017 09:58 AM

Why bother? If you no longer want to participate, simply don't point your browser here any longer.

If you're getting notifications by email, Go into your User Control Panel and manage your subscriptions, deleting them.

WhiteRabbit 11-01-2017 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
click "User CP" at the top of the page, horizontal menu bar; click "Edit Options" on the left hand vertical menu; find "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and choose "no email notification" from the drop down menu there. You may also wish to look through other optional settings there and set any regarding email notifications so you won't get any - but the thread subscription email is probably the one you most want to get rid of

booman5@sympatico.ca 11-01-2017 10:14 PM

Ray don't appreciate the comment if they have this website you should be able to unsubscribe from it shouldn't be this difficult

camille1585 11-02-2017 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman5@sympatico.ca (Post 857502)
Ray don't appreciate the comment if they have this website you should be able to unsubscribe from it shouldn't be this difficult

It's not difficult, you just can't do it yourself. All forums work that way. And I agree that if you don't want to use this forum anymore, killing notifications should be enough. If your email as username is the problem, an admin can change that. I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

Orchid Whisperer 11-02-2017 05:27 AM

Is Marty an administrator that would have the ability to delete a user?

Also, can moderators block or ban an account (which would effectively close it)? I would think the OP would first want to make the notification changes recommended above.