Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Growing Under Lights (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/growing-under-lights/)
-   -   Can I have a distinct point of view? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/growing-under-lights/95328-distinct-view.html)

Nexogen 09-17-2017 01:47 PM

Can I have a distinct point of view?

I have a desire, when we speak of the light we use, try to say what kind of light we use and it is best to show a diagram with the spectrum of light emitted.
To give you an easier to understand example; when talking about the fertilizer we use N P K, etc. This is the case with light; the light spectrum is extremely important for plant growth, I'm not saying that we can not use an undefined spectrum, but just as you go and take the dust out of the street and use it as a fertilizer (maybe you're lucky to be a little but uncontrollable NPK) exactly that's how things are in the case of light.

Subrosa 09-17-2017 02:07 PM

A light spectrum graph displays the quality of light produced but nothing about the quantity produced.

Nexogen 09-17-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subrosa (Post 853372)
A light spectrum graph displays the quality of light produced but nothing about the quantity produced.

That's exactly like cars, just you do not want to go into a Ford Fiesta as in a Buick Regal. The only way to have a good quality light at a convenient price is to build it yourself.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

If you are aware of the influence of light on plant growth, I will teach you how to build yourself a LED light with a good spectrum. You do not have to have advanced knowledge of electronics, just if you want to build it yourself.

estación seca 09-18-2017 01:35 AM

Look up posts by Naoki before you begin.

Nexogen 09-18-2017 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 853409)
Look up posts by Naoki before you begin.

And what makes you think what you say is holy?
I have done a few experiments with the spectrum of light used in orchid growth, right now I have a terrarium under an light spectrum experiment with the white LED 4000K 97 CRI Citizen. The conclusion I reached (except for the latest experiment that is underway) is that the spectrum of light emitted is extremely important (I am convinced that the spectrum emitted by the light source has a great influence on the development of orchids). Orchids have a fantastic potential that we have to exploit (I mean, to make the orchids happy).
Attention, I am only referring to the growth of orchids in the house where I live.

katrina 09-18-2017 06:41 AM

Of course light spectrum is important! But, there are a great many options available and not every person wants to mess with building their own.

And, for all but the techiest of techs...you can forget about asking folks to provide graphs in their posts.

Nexogen 09-18-2017 07:02 AM

I know, not everyone wants to build their own light. I mean strictly only to those who want. My method is simpler than you think, I do not use screws, I only use Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive.

And for the graph, I can show you a site that provides (without paying anything) this possibility (informative).

It was difficult for me to start building my first LED light, and then it was very very simple.

Ray 09-18-2017 08:01 AM

I agree that spectrum is important, and I put a lot of faith in Naoki's suggestions, but think he leaves the spectrum out of his considerations at times. However, I also think you may be making some rather arbitrary assumptions.

"4000K, 97 CRI" does not tell you the spectrum of the light unless it is an incandescent lamp, and then the color temperature alone would suffice.

For any other artificial light source it tells you nothing more than what it simulates to the human eye.

Nexogen 09-18-2017 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 853426)
I agree that spectrum is important, and I put a lot of faith in Naoki's suggestions, but think he leaves the spectrum out of his considerations at times. However, I also think you may be making some rather arbitrary assumptions.

"4000K, 97 CRI" does not tell you the spectrum of the light unless it is an incandescent lamp, and then the color temperature alone would suffice.

For any other artificial light source it tells you nothing more than what it simulates to the human eye.

Here I wanted to get, you scored very good.
In this picture is the graph.

Nexogen 09-18-2017 04:07 PM

The light built only with Citizen white COB LED (PPFD = 206 μmol m-2 s-1, 52W, length = 60cm) goes well but only with Phalaenopsis and Angreacum didieri with Dendrobium bigibum goes almost well and with Cattleya (plants grow well, the problem is the number of flowers) I am not satisfied at all compared to the other spectrum used. I'm probably going to attach some 430nm and 660nm but I wait few months.