Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Pot. Triple love 'NN' (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/95046-pot-triple-love-nn.html)

sxc 08-15-2017 05:18 PM

Pot. Triple love 'NN'

1 Attachment(s)
Got this little baby. The most unique thing about it is that the flowers first were very yellowish light pink. It took a few days for them to turn real pink. It is very delightful to observe the color changing process.

WhiteRabbit 08-15-2017 09:56 PM

:welcomeflowers:

Lovely!

No-Pro-mwa 08-26-2017 10:48 AM

It's like having 2 plants in one. I have one that does this. And welcome to the board.

Leafmite 08-26-2017 09:36 PM

What a fun orchid to own! :)

estación seca 08-26-2017 09:53 PM

Welcome to the Orchid Board!

sxc 12-06-2017 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick update. This little cutie is in bloom again, just after 1/2 year for her last blooming. I'm so delighted that I get to see the color change process of her flowers again.

Leafmite 12-06-2017 08:47 PM

Congratulations on the blooms!

JScott 12-06-2017 10:14 PM

I have this plant. I've only had it for about a year, but it has never bloomed. It is in a 5 inch pot, and it has grown a lot, and it has nice big growths with sheaths, but hasn't bloomed. If yours blooms twice a year, mine should have bloomed at least once haha. I had it outside all summer, and then by a south window, but I moved it to my new T5 light setup just a few days ago to see if that makes a difference. But my other Catts bloom under the same conditions in which this one has been growing, so I don't know.

Bohata 12-06-2017 10:27 PM

Tell us, SXC. Does it like cool conditions (due to the Sophronites genes)? What do you do?

Roberta 12-06-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScott (Post 860062)
I have this plant. I've only had it for about a year, but it has never bloomed. It is in a 5 inch pot, and it has grown a lot, and it has nice big growths with sheaths, but hasn't bloomed. If yours blooms twice a year, mine should have bloomed at least once haha. I had it outside all summer, and then by a south window, but I moved it to my new T5 light setup just a few days ago to see if that makes a difference. But my other Catts bloom under the same conditions in which this one has been growing, so I don't know.

Patience, patience... those sheaths indicate that it will bloom eventually. Sometimes a plant just has to acclimate to its new home. A year is not very long to reach any conclusions about an orchid... as long is putting out new growth, it'll bloom when it wants to (If it has sheaths. probably within 6 months or less)