Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   Louisiana Orchid Connection (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/94384-louisiana-orchid-connection.html)

SaraJean 06-06-2017 09:14 AM

Louisiana Orchid Connection

Im just going to throw out some love for Louisiana Orchid Connection. So I have purchased a total of 13 orchids from their website, eBay, in person at shows- and they have never failed to impress! I have bought mostly bulbophylums, a few angrecoids, and some other little oddballs. The orchids that have been shipped to me are always been packed well, shipped quick, and extremely healthy. The plants have always exceeded my expectations. Tin and John are lovely to talk to and have such a wonderfully unique collection. Everytime I go to a show, their vendor booth is an absolute delight to browse through and I always seem to find something interesting that I can't leave with out:lol:

bethmarie 06-06-2017 09:29 PM

Ditto!

King_of_orchid_growing:) 06-07-2017 02:12 AM

So far, they've never disappointed me.

NYCorchidman 06-08-2017 11:55 PM

I have positive experiences with them, also.
Except for very few cases, everything has been great.
The best part is that John seems like such a great person! :)

Pattywack 06-10-2017 09:43 PM

I agree completely, they are very professional and the nicest people to talk with. John has always been a delight and has helped me with decisions regarding a purchase on more than one occasion. I've purchased from them on eBay and through their website as well, never been disappointed. Their shipping is very low cost and fast, safe shipping. Top notch vendor in my opinion.

Reminds me, I should go check and see whats new there!

Chemtiger 12-04-2019 01:37 PM

Old post, yes, but I agree! I have close to 60 plants from them, and I still have yet to meet them at a show [or to attend a show, but I'm working on that] but everything that I get from LOC or from them on eBay has been pretty much nearly PERFECT! I especially love their seedling 6-packs, because it's a great way for me to learn to grow them without going full-on mass-murder, a la "I'm definitely going to kill all of them" by buying a flask… which they also sell, incidentally. Very happy!

Subrosa 12-04-2019 02:55 PM

I just received my first plant from them, a Cattleya nobilior var rubra, and I'm more than happy with the experience. John worked with me on timing the shipping to avoid a cold snap, and when the plant arrived and I unpotted it to set it up in semi-hydroponic culture there were 2 separate rhizomes. Both were in excellent condition with healthy root systems.

katsucats 07-03-2021 03:43 AM

I recently purchased Cycnoches pentadactylon and haagii, Catasetum tuberculatum and naso, and Galeandra magnicolumna 'Jumbo' from LA Orchid John. As always, tiny plants less than a year out of flask, but none of them tested positive for viruses. Compared to Orchids Amore, which has decently sized plants but all of them test positive for viruses, I'd take LA Orchid John any day.

If wouldn't necessarily recommend these guys for newer growers. For popular plants, there are other vendors with larger plants and better value. But if anyone wants a rare species, check out his ebay store.

Dusty Ol' Man 07-03-2021 04:35 AM

I just sent an email to John. He told me they are exclusively online sales. Too bad because I live close enough to visit the greenhouse. I was disappointed.

SaraJean 07-03-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Ol' Man (Post 961623)
I just sent an email to John. He told me they are exclusively online sales. Too bad because I live close enough to visit the greenhouse. I was disappointed.

Yes they are exclusively online but I know they will accommodate orchid society groups. I know the Baton Rouge and New Orleans ones usually go once a year. Not sure if the Lake Charles club does anything like that. It really is an impressive little space