Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Introductions - Break the Ice ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/)
-   -   Hello from Virginia (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/introductions-break-the-ice-/93477-hello-virginia.html)

Jack1747 03-15-2017 05:42 PM

Hello from Virginia

Hello from the Eastern Shore of Virginia. I am an orchid addict. Been a lurker here for some time. My addiction started with a single Phal 5 years ago from the big box hardware store. My numbering system now stands at 213! Of course some have died and it doesn’t count the 125 seedling Cat’s. Not sure the exact count I have but it’s not enough. When our sunroom filled up I just had to have a GH. Now that’s full and I am coveting a second GH. I know I need serious help with my addiction. Lol
I have learned allot over the years. Mostly via mistakes. It is however enlightening when those “oh that’s what’s wrong” light bulb moments happen. Not an expert by any means. I have leaned on this forum for allot of help so I am hoping that I might be able to add something some time.

WhiteRabbit 03-15-2017 08:20 PM

:welcomeflowers:

Dollythehun 03-15-2017 08:20 PM

Welcome!!!!!

charlesf6 03-15-2017 08:40 PM

:welcome:

estación seca 03-15-2017 08:40 PM

Welcome to the Orchid Board!

Joseia 03-15-2017 09:05 PM

Welcome aboard! I love showing my wife posts of other people talking about having hundreds of orchids: "See honey, I'm not as addicted as that nut!" :)

jkofferdahl 03-15-2017 09:16 PM

Welcome to the OB! As you've already found, there is great information here, and some fine folks who are active.

I love your part of Virginia. If you ever feel like driving a few hours I'd highly recommend a visit to Floradise Orchids in Gordonsville. Steve and Janet, the owners are great.

Pattywack 03-15-2017 09:17 PM

Hello Jack and welcome! Addicts are welcome here as are enablers. We understand and share your pain/joy.

Joseia 03-15-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkofferdahl (Post 836016)
Welcome to the OB! As you've already found, there is great information here, and some fine folks who are active.

I love your part of Virginia. If you ever feel like driving a few hours I'd highly recommend a visit to Floradise Orchids in Gordonsville. Steve and Janet, the owners are great.

Yes! Floradis is definitely worth a stop. They are wonderful people and love talking about orchids. My wife and I found them by accident driving back home from a trip to Monticello. We ended up talking to Janet for almost two hours and came home with a beautiful little phal bellina. They really know how to grow incredible orchids.

No-Pro-mwa 03-16-2017 10:08 AM

Welcome and glad you finally joined in the fun.