Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   About this board (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/)
-   -   Invisible words? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/93318-invisible-words.html)

charlesf6 03-01-2017 09:20 PM

Invisible words?

Anyone having trouble typing text into posts or threads?

estación seca 03-01-2017 10:20 PM

Not on desktop, not on phone. Things like that tend to happen when whichever device you're using is low on memory.

charlesf6 03-01-2017 10:42 PM

wonder why then it is only happening to me here at this site??

estación seca 03-01-2017 10:47 PM

Have you edited your settings by mistake? Just above the text entry box is an icon to change the color of the font. It looks like a capital A with a colored bar underneath, and a small down-pointing arrowhead to the right.

I think in your personal profile/ User CP area you can modify font colors, too.

Leafmite 03-01-2017 10:52 PM

I did have trouble one day and had to type everything elsewhere and then copy and paste it here. I have not had the trouble again, though, at least not yet. Have you had this problem often?

charlesf6 03-01-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 834240)
Have you edited your settings by mistake? Just above the text entry box is an icon to change the color of the font. It looks like a capital A with a colored bar underneath, and a small down-pointing arrowhead to the right.

I think in your personal profile/ User CP area you can modify font colors, too.

Hasn't to do with the fonts, just type and nothing appears (invisible as mentioned) happening now about 60% of the time.
I think it is also happening at work.
I will check on that tomorrow. :(

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafmite (Post 834241)
I did have trouble one day and had to type everything elsewhere and then copy and paste it here. I have not had the trouble again, though, at least not yet. Have you had this problem often?

Yes, quite!

Leafmite 03-01-2017 11:47 PM

Oh, that is awful. I just had it happen the one time. Just to be on the safe side, run a good anti-virus program (if you download one, make sure it comes from a legit site) and take a look at Task Manager to see if anything unusual is happening. (Yes, I am definitely paranoid....)

Dollythehun 03-02-2017 05:13 AM

My biggest problem is autocorrect.😊 But, I did have your problem recently on my phone and had to download a new keyboard.

charlesf6 03-02-2017 11:38 AM

I think that it might be happening on my home desktop keyboard only as I type this right now from work on its desktop.

charlesf6 03-02-2017 10:52 PM

When I go to post a message the blue border that supports
the text box keeps disappearing letter by letter making it very painfull to add letters still. :(