Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Show Announcements (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/)
-   -   Greater Akron Orchid Society Orchid Show (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-show-announcements/93310-akron-orchid-society-orchid.html)

Leafmite 03-01-2017 04:35 PM

Greater Akron Orchid Society Orchid Show

Looking for something to do in the Cleveland-Akron-Canton area? Need an orchid fix but do not want to pay shipping charges? Need potting supplies? Come to the Greater Akron Orchid Society show! It is completely free to attend! Parking is free! :)

The Greater Akron Orchid Society 16th Annual Orchid Show and Sale will once more be held at Donzell's Flower and Garden Center (937 East Waterloo Road, Akron Ohio 44306) on March 4-5, 2017. On March 5, Saturday, it will open at 10:00am and close at 5:00pm and Sunday, the hours are 11:00-4:00. There will be exhibits, orchid sales, potting supplies, and Orchid Society members present to offer free advice. Parking and admission are both free and it is open to all ages.

Donzells is a wonderful place to visit, offering plenty of garden supplies, novelty gifts and a wonderful variety of plants. Typically, on the Saturday of our show weekend, they even have a wine-tasting.

Leafmite 03-02-2017 04:25 PM

Two days....

sbrofio 03-03-2017 05:58 AM

bump

Leafmite 03-03-2017 09:46 AM

Thanks for the bump! Show is tomorrow!

Leafmite 03-01-2018 04:52 PM

Once again, the Greater Akron Orchid Society is holding its show! This weekend, March 3 and March 4, same times for Saturday and Sunday, same place, still free!

Mountaineer370 03-02-2018 08:28 AM

If it was a two-hour drive for me instead of a three-hour drive, I would be going. It sounds like a nice show. They should get a good turn-out.

Leafmite 03-02-2018 04:04 PM

Our show is nice if you live in the area but I wouldn't drive three hours for it. I am still debating whether the Mid American Conference in Strongsville (about two hours away for me) will be worth it. :)

Paul 03-02-2018 11:33 PM

I would think the Mid America show would be worth the trip. If ya go,
report back on that one.

Tell Wayne and Nancy Roberts "hello". :)

Leafmite 03-03-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 868996)
I would think the Mid America show would be worth the trip. If ya go,
report back on that one.

Tell Wayne and Nancy Roberts "hello". :)

Wayne and Nancy are great people, aren't they? He will be really busy at the Akron show selling orchids and supplies (and I will be helping with the show) but I will talk to him at the next meeting, no doubt. :)

Mid America might be nuts concerning parking and everything else. I usually go to the West Shore shows, though, to support our fellow OS, so we shall see. I will probably know by April if I am going (pre-order deadline from Ecuagenera). I plan to take plenty of pictures if I do go.