Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   About this board (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/)
-   -   Still experiencing time outs? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/about-this-board/92850-experiencing-time-outs.html)

Tindomul 01-19-2017 04:21 PM

Still experiencing time outs?

Hello all,

I was wondering how your experiences in the usage of the board have changed, if they have changed over the last two days. Since contacting Marty two days ago, I hope that everything is better. Please let us know.

jkofferdahl 01-19-2017 04:50 PM

Marty was contacted? How delightful.

I personally am continuing to have issues, but while I didn't see a difference yesterday it seems SLIGHTLY better today.

rbarata 01-19-2017 06:09 PM

Nothing has changed...takes ages to load and time outs.

bethmarie 01-19-2017 07:03 PM

same as rbarata. a page or two usually loads fine for me, but any clicks beyond that result in long waits or time outs.

fishmom 01-19-2017 07:04 PM

I lost a post due to time out this a.m.

Dollythehun 01-19-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethmarie (Post 829762)
same as rbarata. a page or two usually loads fine for me, but any clicks beyond that result in long waits or time outs.

Same here.

Pattywack 01-19-2017 08:08 PM

I continue to have issues as well. Sometimes it won't open at all, other times I will read a page or maybe two and then it freezes. I get a message that the server has stopped responding. I don't have this problem with any other sites. It's frustrating.

orchidsarefun 01-19-2017 08:22 PM

I don't have any issues other than sometimes - maybe 3x per week - pages take about 20 seconds to load. In other words not too much of a problem.
I wonder if part of the problem may be due to the download speed of your internet. I have xfinity, I think at 150mbps, super fast. I notice the difference when I'm using WiFi at a coffee shop for example.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

PaphMadMan 01-19-2017 08:22 PM

It has been better since you reported the message from Marty, at times very good. But it seems to inevitably bog down and revert to long waits and time outs after a few to a few dozen clicks navigating the site.

jkofferdahl 01-19-2017 10:26 PM

After my previous post I became stuck in TimeOut Hell. Numerous times, in fact. I'd now say that I can't see that anything has been changed, fixed, altered, or sped up.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

After I pressed POST QUICK REPLY on the previous message I waited 2 minutes and 12 seconds for it to post. Maybe they should change the button to POST VERY SLOW REPLY. But it posted.