Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   News, Updates & Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/)
-   -   We have a chat...and I'm alone in there. (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/92168-chat-im.html)

rbarata 11-03-2016 05:31 PM

We have a chat...and I'm alone in there.

Only today I noticed the OB chat is working.
I'm glad I don't mind thinking out loud.

charlesf6 11-03-2016 06:06 PM

Oh I used to go there regularly when I first got here but nobody else would.

Dollythehun 11-03-2016 06:26 PM

Chat?

FairyInTheFlowers 11-03-2016 06:27 PM

Yeah, it used to get used a little more frequently back a few years when I first joined, but not a lot of people use it now. I think it's mostly because not a lot of people know it's there, plus people might not just have the time for it.

Leafmite 11-04-2016 12:08 AM

I have never tried the chat. It is so easy to post....

FairyInTheFlowers 11-04-2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafmite (Post 821677)
I have never tried the chat. It is so easy to post....

I think the chat room is more so for casual conversations that would make any forum thread absolutely cumbersome to read. I think it's meant to run something like a Facebook messenger group chat.

Leafmite 11-04-2016 09:29 AM

Ha ha. I do not do Facebook. I don't want my kids to think I am stalking them. :)

wintergirl 11-04-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafmite (Post 821694)
Ha ha. I do not do Facebook. I don't want my kids to think I am stalking them. :)

Oh you should do it. It is a good way for families to keep in touch. Seriously. All my relatives from around the country are on it.

Leafmite 11-04-2016 10:34 AM

My family and friends can call, text, email or snail-mail me. I know too many people who check up on their kids constantly and I do not want to be that way. My kids are in college (19, 21, 23) and they deserve their privacy from Mom at this time. I know about the 'oversharing' issue of young people at this age and I prefer them to tell me what they want me to know (which they do). When they ask me to be on Facebook, I will join. :)

orchidsarefun 11-04-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafmite (Post 821702)
My family and friends can call, text, email or snail-mail me. I know too many people who check up on their kids constantly and I do not want to be that way. My kids are in college (19, 21, 23) and they deserve their privacy from Mom at this time. I know about the 'oversharing' issue of young people at this age and I prefer them to tell me what they want me to know (which they do). When they ask me to be on Facebook, I will join. :)

Agree completely. People waste too much time on FB :D
However if there is something really urgent, then we use WhatsApp which is great for touching base and sharing photos etc

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk