Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pet Depot (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/)
-   -   My Brothers, Blackie and Red (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/90056-brothers-blackie-red.html)

cjm3fl 04-28-2016 02:39 PM

My Brothers, Blackie and Red

1 Attachment(s)
Actually my cats, Magic (the black one) and Chico (the orange, or ginger one).

Right now Chico is 17 yo and I adopted him from a lady I used to work with so she didn't take him to the pound.
He was 9 when that happened.

The little one is (Black) Magic. He's a little over a year old now.
I found him outside my apartment when he was (maybe) 5 weeks old, maybe a little younger.
He was crying so loud I could hear him while I was inside with the TV on. I know that kind of cry, he was very hungry.
The next day there was a dead female out by the main road that I believe was his mother.

Anyway, this pic is a little old but here's My Boys!

gngrhill 04-28-2016 04:45 PM

They are lovely. I'm sure they bring you great pleasure.

Pattywack 04-28-2016 05:19 PM

Awww, sweet kitties. I love cats and have always had at least one until our last guy. Stimpy was 23 and had kidney failure. Our vet came to our house and helped him out of his pain. My kids grew up with that cat, don't think I'll ever have another.

They are such great company and I'm sure you love yours to pieces. Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful.

rbarata 04-28-2016 05:25 PM

And aren't they affraid of that pillow toy behind?
The one with the scary look :biggrin:

cjm3fl 04-28-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbarata (Post 801917)
And aren't they affraid of that pillow toy behind?
The one with the scary look :biggrin:

The little guy, Magic, will sometimes start playing with one (or more) of those stuffed toys.
I've come in the bedroom and found many scattered around with him smiling up at me, "I gottem Dad. I gottem all!"

@Pattywack--23 is REALLY OLD. Through my adult life all my cats only make it to 14, up to 16. I kinda keep "the watch" on Chico, the old guy. You know, check to make sure he's still breathing.
When he catches me looking at him he's like, "What the heck are you looking at? And get me treats while you're standing around doing nothing."

Cats are awesome.

PaphLover 04-28-2016 11:28 PM

Adorable! So glad you rescued them both.

estación seca 04-29-2016 12:23 AM

When they look like this they aren't destroying plants.

Leafmite 04-29-2016 01:10 AM

What a cute pair!

cjm3fl 04-29-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 801958)
When they look like this they aren't destroying plants.

All plants are NOW outside plants.
The little guy thinks any plants are personal salad-bars and the big guys thinks "if he can have some so can I".

So after a quick lesson, I learned "Nothing Green Around These Guys".

katrina 04-29-2016 07:22 AM

Awwwww...so cute! Love kitties!!

We have 2 right now (Toby and Marley) and, thankfully, neither are plant eaters. Actually, out of all the cats we've had, only one was a destroyer of all plant life. Well, he never really destroyed them but he liked to take bites and chew all the tips off the leaves and taste the flowers. He used them to get his way too. He was ornery and if he wasn't getting the attention he thought he deserved or if breakfast or dinner were a little later than he deemed acceptable...he'd go after a plant. If he couldn't get access to a plant then he'd start knocking things off shelves. So ornery but we loved the little brat. He went to kitty heaven a few years back.

The 2 we have now don't mess w/plants at all. Toby smells them and likes to rub his face on stiff leaves but has no interest in taking a bite. Marley (our little girl) won't touch them but she likes to lay in between the pots in the cactus room because the lights are so warm.

Your boys are super cute!