Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vendor Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/)
-   -   Odom's Orchids (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vendor-feedback/89885-odoms-orchids.html)

Cheddarbob14 04-17-2016 08:44 PM

Odom's Orchids

Just got my 1st order from odoms.com

A phalaenopsis equestris x Corning-Ambo and a brassia mem. fritz boedeker witch doctor. Can't say enough good things about them, packaged very well, plants are very healthy, from what I could see great roots. Very reasonable prices also, will definitely order from them again.

Leafmite 04-18-2016 09:14 AM

Good luck and have fun with the new orchids! :)

WhiteRabbit 04-18-2016 08:25 PM

Excellent!

stonedragonfarms 04-18-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheddarbob14 (Post 800287)
Just got my 1st order from odoms.com

A phalaenopsis equestris x Corning-Ambo and a brassia mem. fritz boedeker witch doctor. Can't say enough good things about them, packaged very well, plants are very healthy, from what I could see great roots. Very reasonable prices also, will definitely order from them again.

I see you are in my home state; which part of Michigan are you from?

Cheddarbob14 04-19-2016 06:02 AM

Milford/highland area, how about you?

Whimgrinder 04-19-2016 10:56 AM

My first purchase from Odoms was last Fall: a couple of hybrids plus a large plant of Cattleya dowiana aurea, which is now in sheath! Definitely quality plants and you get your money's worth.

stonedragonfarms 04-19-2016 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheddarbob14 (Post 800463)
Milford/highland area, how about you?

No longer in Michigan; I used to live in Cadillac. Portland, Oregon now.

kentaki 06-08-2016 05:59 PM

Despite the fact that I specifically instructed them not to send after Dec. 20th or so and wrote I would contact when I wanted it happen. They decided to send a package anyway on Dec. 28th, and the plants were delivered on Dec. 30th at work. Of course, nobody was around, and the package was sitting OUTSIDE for two days. I only found this out on Jan 1, 2016. Needless to say, there were damages due to colder temperature. It was pretty warm for the season, but it is not good.

When I contacted to complain: "I did not know it was not ok to send after Christmas." I copied and pasted my original message, and never heard back again.

Aside from the experience above, I do not like their potting material. It does not seem to quite work well like granite chips.

Quality itself is ok. Nothing super, and nothing horrible. I did notice that their plants seem to throw multiple shoots, though.

gerneveyn 06-09-2016 02:05 AM

Odom's is great! I've ordered from them a few times, and the plants were always healthy.

Jenascrich 06-09-2016 11:41 AM

I just went there on Monday. I am so glad that I had pre-made a list of what I wanted from the website before I went there because it is just an overwhelming place. They have so many orchids... Rows, and rows, green houses full. The orchids they had in bloom were beautiful. I of course ended up buying more then what was on my list. Rob, the employee, assisted me for the hour or more I was there. He was so helpful and informative. Worth the trip if you get a chance to go but make a list first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk