Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Bc. Daffodil (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/88712-bc-daffodil.html)

Selmo 01-24-2016 01:21 PM

Bc. Daffodil

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of our favorites, Bc. daffodil (Brassavola glauca X Cattleya aurantiaca), we have had this plant for six or seven years now. We mounted this division on driftwood from a local lake, about three years and it has rewarded us very well. It is a fast grower and has a wonderful fragrance . A few years ago the taxonomists decided to screw with this one. Now Bc. Daffodil is Rhyncholaelia glauca X Guarianthe aurantiaca, who has heard of these, and now it is called Rhyncanthe Daffodil or even worst Rhyncholaeliocattleya Daffodil. I know that the powers that be (taxonomists) are just doing their job to make our world a more organized place, but come on man!

judith_arquette 01-24-2016 01:27 PM

Wow, that's what I call a show! Amazing :)

DeaC 01-24-2016 02:07 PM

My backside is barking from shoveling out of a monster blizzard but looking at this makes me forget 'bout it! Truly a sight for sore bums!

No-Pro-mwa 01-24-2016 04:59 PM

Wow that is a beauty. Can you get a close up of the bloom? I'm never going to get the name changes straight.

Sorry about the back side, we have no snow.

wintergirl 01-24-2016 05:02 PM

Amazing group of blooms! Wonderful growing!

estación seca 01-24-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaC (Post 788791)
My backside is barking from shoveling out of a monster blizzard but looking at this makes me forget 'bout it! Truly a sight for sore bums!

When I lived in Missouri I got a full-size pickup so I wouldn't have to shovel my driveway.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

That seems like such a great hybrid. Wonder why it's not more common?

brsucculents 01-24-2016 06:13 PM

Really nice. I wish some of these classics were more readily available.

WhiteRabbit 01-24-2016 08:33 PM

Awesome!

estación seca 01-24-2016 09:23 PM

Selmo, does this always bloom at this time of year? Brassavola/Rhyncholaelia glauca blooms in the spring, and Cattleya/Guarianthe aurantiaca blooms in late fall to early winter.

brsucculents 01-24-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 788916)
Selmo, does this always bloom at this time of year? Brassavola/Rhyncholaelia glauca blooms in the spring, and Cattleya/Guarianthe aurantiaca blooms in late fall to early winter.

There was a glauca at our orchid meeting a week ago and it had tons of blooms on it.