Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Orchid Lounge (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/)
-   -   My Mistake is Your Big Break (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/orchid-lounge/86843-mistake-break.html)

Ray 08-29-2015 01:06 PM

My Mistake is Your Big Break

I may have been growing orchids for close to 45 years, and I do run an orchid business, but that doesn't stop me from doing what everyone else does, seeing a plant I JUST WANT, and letting "my eyes be bigger than my growing space".

Well I did it again, and have a bunch of Rlc. Chance the Chance 'Kiramaki' clones that I really don't have room for. Therefore, i am offering them at less than half the price I have seen at shows.

http://www.firstrays.com/cart/image/...ki-500x500.png

These are large, mature, multi-growth plants in 6" pots, and in-sheath, so ought to bloom in the next month or so. In fact, all that I've shipped so-far have two growths in-sheath.

Please check them out at our ONLINE STORE.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Oh - Yes, they are fragrant.

Skycat 08-29-2015 03:21 PM

I shouldn't. I already have one Catt in a 6" pot and have no idea what I'd do with another one. But I probably will anyway.

Joseia 08-29-2015 07:06 PM

Very tempting, but a I have terrible luck with cattleyas at home and they have all ended up at my office, where they bloom like crazy. Unfortunately, my office window sill, about 12 feet in length, is packed with orchids. But I do love the color of these...so tempting!

estación seca 08-29-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseia (Post 769886)
Unfortunately, my office window sill, about 12 feet in length, is packed with orchids.

Tell your boss you need a promotion to an office with more windowsill space. Maybe a corner office?

Joseia 08-30-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estación seca (Post 769908)
Tell your boss you need a promotion to an office with more windowsill space. Maybe a corner office?

Actually, the corner offices are smaller in my building. I'm not the boss, but I somehow ended up with the biggest office. I'm thinking of going vertical and figuring out how to hang plants in the window.

Since my plant obsession started to grow out of control after getting hooked on orchids nearly four years ago, I'm now the office Green Guy and people hang out to relax in the greenery and admire the flowers. It really is amazing how plants can change the mood in the office. Others are now filling up their windowsills with cuttings from my house plants and a few have started with phals too. The Green Revolution is in full swing lol.

theloyalplum 08-30-2015 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseia (Post 770014)
Actually, the corner offices are smaller in my building. I'm not the boss, but I somehow ended up with the biggest office. I'm thinking of going vertical and figuring out how to hang plants in the window.

Since my plant obsession started to grow out of control after getting hooked on orchids nearly four years ago, I'm now the office Green Guy and people hang out to relax in the greenery and admire the flowers. It really is amazing how plants can change the mood in the office. Others are now filling up their windowsills with cuttings from my house plants and a few have started with phals too. The Green Revolution is in full swing lol.

I kinda did the same thing in my apartment. It's a college town, so buildings EVERYWHERE, and the apartment's small, so I made my windowsill into a little oasis next to the dining table. Somewhere to escape to when 'home' means homework, job hunting and all sorts of stress! My roommates don't mind, since they take up half the living room with their stuff... Green Revolution (though I think it's already been coined for something else)!

Ray 08-31-2015 03:18 PM

OK - more temptation:

I have reduced the price to $20 temporarily, to free up bench space. PLEASE take one!

judith_arquette 08-31-2015 05:03 PM

:bua:I want one SOOOOOOO badly, damn back to school shopping

Skycat 08-31-2015 10:11 PM

A price drop. Yeah, okay. I guess I'm just gonna have to find somewhere in my house to cram one of these.

Guess it's a motivation to get around to tossing out my dead stuff, lol

Luizacft 09-04-2015 09:15 AM

You know it is actually a great idea for a relaxing area in office? Are they fragrant Joseia?

Sent using Tapatalk