Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Off Topic - Totally (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/)
-   -   Florida news is outrageous! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/8456-florida-news-outrageous.html)

Jo Ann 01-25-2008 03:12 PM

Florida news is outrageous!

I moved here from a very rural area we had our bad points too but d**n..Everyday here is a shooting, robbing, raping, child molesting, burglarizing, arson, story. They rob pizza delivery guys, yank jewelry off elderly women walking by; there is always something about a teacher involved with his or her students in a sexual manner. Nursing home abuse, private care abuse, foster care abuse, men hanging out in public restrooms trying to sell or solicit sex. Corrupt cops, corrupt officials. Kids as young as 13 stealing cars off of car lots. A woman was tazard by an officer in the Best Buy during the holidays for being too loud and yelling at the cop..? Now a serial killer loose in Daytona and the list goes on an on….its terrible!!!...:shock: ...:_( ...:((

Daytona Beach News-Journal Online

Gin 01-25-2008 03:29 PM

Sounds like where I moved away from, Los Angeles long time ago .
We have talked about moving to Fl. but having second thoughts what area did you move from ? I would have 2 friends handy Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson . Gin

cb977 01-25-2008 03:29 PM

Joann...stop reading your newspaper! ;)

The news in general is usually depressing...it's not just a Florida thing.

Ross 01-25-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb977 (Post 76978)
Joann...stop reading your newspaper! ;)

The news in general is usually depressing...it's not just a Florida thing.

My thoughts exactly! There is a well known principle, if the news doesn't shock, it doesn't sell. I'm not saying this stuff isn't "out there", I'm saying most days it's pretty calm, at least here in the "ice box of Michigan" :biggrin: Then, again, who would live here? It's sooooo cold! :blushing: :evil:

Jo Ann 01-25-2008 03:57 PM

This is the NewsPaper from my old local area…usually the most mentioned news was about water…almost to boring to read…We used to get a kick out of reading the Police Blotter that was the crime section of the news...:biggrin:

Durango, Colorado News, Classifieds, Sports, Education, Business, Arts and Entertainment

Now compare it to the Daytona Journal….

Daytona Beach News-Journal Online

Talk about a world of difference…I really miss that simple life...

Ross 01-25-2008 04:05 PM

Nope, this is what I'm talkin' about cadillacnews.com from the Newsmaker of the North! If'n y'all want to move up here, my place is for trade for something like Susanne has :)

Jo Ann 01-25-2008 04:15 PM

This was our crime section...:biggrin:

Durango Herald Police Blotter - Durango, CO

Ross 01-25-2008 04:33 PM

I really related to the man blowing snow in the street. That's a major offense here.

Jo Ann 01-25-2008 04:52 PM

We have cabin fever days there too…I guess small town living is just not for everybody…but to not knock Florida to bad I will miss a couple of things from here when I move back and that is their Library system and the climate for growing plants outdoors…:banana:

Ross 01-25-2008 04:58 PM

Why would you ever move back?