Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   News, Updates & Feedback (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/)
-   -   Forum Response Time (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/news-updates-and-feedback/78675-forum-response-time.html)

Ray 06-28-2014 08:48 AM

Forum Response Time

I am typically on here between 7 and 9 am Eastern time.

Getting in is usually no problem, and clicking "New Posts" seems to work fine, but after reading one or two threads, then clicking the browser "back" to the new posts lists and trying to select another to read, the forum seems to hang - sometimes for a few minutes, and sometimes it times out altogether and I get a "cannot connect to..." message.

If I close my browser, and come back 10 minutes later, it seems much better.

This is a daily occurrence, and it does not happen on any other forum I participate in.

Paul Mc 06-28-2014 09:14 AM

Something similar happens to me through Tapatalk. Half of the time it won't load, and if it does it takes forever to load threads and usually just times out. I've passed many threads I wanted to congratulate people for their blooms or make general comments because it times out.

katrina 06-28-2014 11:28 AM

Yep...same slow situation for me too. Some mornings it's so bad I log off and come back later in the day.

WhiteRabbit 06-28-2014 09:22 PM

I'll pass this on to Marty.

Marty 06-28-2014 09:28 PM

I will temporarily disable the registration script to see if that's the culprit. . Sometimes it's attacked by bots, so it may be flooding us causing a dos attack.

ALToronto 06-28-2014 10:04 PM

I never have this problem with any of the devices I use to log onto the forum. I use a desktop (Win 7), a tablet (Win 8.1) or a phone (BlackBerry Q10 - the fastest of the 3). However, I hardly ever log on between 7 and 9 AM.

Ray 06-29-2014 08:31 AM

Well, it's 8:30 now, I've been here abut 15 minutes or so, and it seems fine.

You might be right about the registration/denial of service thing.

Paul Mc 06-29-2014 09:18 AM

I've never watched the time, but I do generally skim in the morning between 7am and 9am, with intermittent other periods. Sometimes it's fine though, like today.

RosieC 06-30-2014 04:52 AM

I've been noticing it somewhere between 12am-2pm GMT on a daily basis, not sure exactly when but that's my peak reading time as well. Checking that matches with 7am-9am Eastern Time.

I've not been on for a couple of days so I'll see if it's any better today.

Could that be a peak time for everyone, both Europe and USA :hmm

RosieC 06-30-2014 08:39 AM

Slowed right down again for me at similar time. It was probably about 1:15-1:30 PM GMT (that would be 8:15-8:30 AM Eastern Time).

I got a DB error a couple of times, and when it was working it was taking ages and ages to bring up the page or to make a post.