Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pet Depot (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/)
-   -   Some of my pets (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pet-depot/75226-pets.html)

Flower Fool 02-15-2014 01:41 AM

Some of my pets

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my indoor pets. They are all rescues.
The first picture is my 23 pound cat "Merlin" checking out a rescue puppy. Merlin was abandoned by his previous owner when he was 6 weeks old.
Second picture is of the puppy all grown up, her name is "Yuki". Yuki had sustained some sort of head trauma when she was 3 weeks old. Her left eye was half out and she was not expected to survive. I brought her home hooked up to an IV pole. There was no guarantee she would survive the next few days. And if she did she would most likely loose her eye. She is 3 years old now doing very well and yes she still has her eye.
Third picture is our Chihuahua "Missy". When I got her she was 18 months old and so aggressive that she was most likely going to be euthanized. We could not touch her without getting bit. She is a much happier dog now with no aggression issues.
Fourth picture is a Cherry Headed Conure "Sidney". She had plucked half of her feathers out when I got her. She no longer plucks her feathers, but the ones that she had plucked out will never grow back.
Fifth picture is my 18 pound cat "Calvin" checking out my epiphyllum when it bloomed. He was also abandoned.
I used to work at a vet clinic, that is why I have all these rescues.
Sorry, I know it's bit long and drawn out.

Picotee 02-15-2014 06:30 AM

They are very fortunate to have you as their caregiver! The picture of Merlin and Yuki is adorable!

Daethen 02-15-2014 09:23 AM

You have a lovely family there. Love the background stories.

WhiteRabbit 02-15-2014 07:11 PM

Beautiful animals (and epiphyllum!)

Thank you for giving them a loving home!

Leafmite 02-15-2014 08:01 PM

They are all so lucky that they have found you! What a wonderful impact you have made on their lives. Our pets have no idea what life might be like out there.

Ferns Daddy 02-15-2014 08:03 PM

I love your little family, I also have a rescued Chihuahua and a Red Lored Amazon parrot, its so great that these guys still love us after what life has handed them

nikkik 02-15-2014 09:45 PM

Your fur and featured family members are awesome. It's fantastic you rescued them. Thanks for posting.

Optimist 02-15-2014 10:08 PM

People like you are the best! Thank You!

MrsSky 02-22-2014 01:35 PM

So sweet! Thanks for posting the great pics.

No-Pro-mwa 02-23-2014 04:01 PM

Good for you rescuing all your pets. I use to donate time to our local animal shelter so 3 of my 4 dogs is a rescue from there. I also ended up with some domestic rabbits but they sadly ended up with all the wild rabbits getting tularemia.

Is that plant the one that only blooms for a short period of time? I think I may have had this one it got so huge but I could never get it to bloom so I finally got sick of it and threw it out. You could just take a leaf and put it in dirt and it would grow.

If it is I'm so mad, that looks like a beautiful bloom. I never did know the name of it. The gal that gave it to me didn't know.