Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Outdoor Gardening (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/outdoor-gardening/)
-   -   Community Orchid Project - Dog Park Miami (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/outdoor-gardening/71525-community-orchid-project-dog-park-miami.html)

TOMMYMIAMI 09-22-2013 04:31 PM

Community Orchid Project - Dog Park Miami

:hello
Ok, so this was in my head for quite some time. As many may say, lucky me living in North Miami, in the heart of gorgeous Sans Souci Estate community. We became quite HOT when Kardashians rented the house right in the community behind our apartment building (where they were kicked out of the South Beach, cause everyone is done with them:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) - PICTURE ONE mark "A" shows Kardashians rented house, and RED CIRCLE is our doggie park! Since we have two adorable yorkies, I take them to our doggie park quite often. There is this awesome palm tree that I had in my head and could not think about anything else than PLANT some orchids on it. I truly wish that when walking our kids, we can admire some stunning blooming orchids as well. Finally today, I did start my project. You can see on the pics that palm tree, and I did find two GARBAGE Phals that people nearly killed and threw, but they have very healthy roots, plus I bought on the sale in HD Spathoglottis, and divided piece of my Dendrobium as well. I went and mounted and potted into the ground. So now, keep your fingers crossed. I will be checking on these babies when I walk my doggies and will hope they will attach to the palm tree! When I find some other cheap sale orchids I will continue.

TOMMYMIAMI 09-22-2013 07:09 PM

Does someone ever tried to spread the seedpod from terrestrial orchid directly to the ground?

WhiteRabbit 09-23-2013 08:06 PM

Cool idea!

ronaldhanko 09-23-2013 09:00 PM

Great idea. Hope it works out!

AnonYMouse 09-23-2013 09:26 PM

Love it!

I've been missing the California poppies I used to see on freeway embankments when I was a kid. Been thinking about seed bombing for a few years. Of course, I forget every early spring.:roll: (and with my luck, I'll get a ticket for littering)

TOMMYMIAMI 09-23-2013 09:35 PM

Many thanks. I hope to find somehow maybe more "garbage" kids or get some free ones that I can mount, I really want to make that tree (and possibly one more nice tree in that park) my orchid outside display. There are really only locals going to that park, very nice neighborhood, so I think it would be so nice to walk your doggies and watch the blooming orchids at the same time:-) I always admire our LINCOLN ROAD on South Beach that has dozens year old huge orchids that were mounted by someone there and without any care they are growing to inhuman sizes and blooming for all the walking tourists to admire! So I hope to make this park similar smaller version. I need more Schomburgkias and other hot growing orchids that love to be mounted on the palm trees:-)

No-Pro-mwa 09-24-2013 01:31 PM

Tommy this a really cool idea. I hope it all works out for you. Now come on I know your secretly in love with Kim I just know it.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::evil:

TOMMYMIAMI 09-24-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No-Pro-mwa (Post 612057)
Tommy this a really cool idea. I hope it all works out for you. Now come on I know your secretly in love with Kim I just know it.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::evil:

I'm probably one of MANY than can't even hear that name. So happy shooting has ended and they are GONE. I did not even go to that park for months, there were so so many paparazzi and news tracks parked everywhere, that house community behind our apartment building is gated, however the roads are city property, therefor guard must let anyone in, so there were hundreds of tourists on scooters riding from South Beach here just to SEE THE HOUSE, it was madhouse, post lady had hard time to park her track to deliver mail anywhere! Now it's back to PIECE AN QUIET and we can again enjoy our park and neighborhood!

No-Pro-mwa 09-25-2013 10:35 AM

I have watched the show a bit but I just got very sick of all of them. All the reality shows have gotten so fake and phony.

TOMMYMIAMI 09-25-2013 11:49 AM

I know as a matter of the fact that all the REALITY SHOWS are staged, so no reason to watch them, nothing is real (my friend works in Hollywood as screen play writer).