Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Connoisseur's corner (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/connoisseur-s-corner/)
-   -   Apple cinnamon Pork shoulder (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/connoisseur-s-corner/70680-apple-cinnamon-pork-shoulder.html)

Kevin_PR 08-25-2013 06:31 PM

Apple cinnamon Pork shoulder

1 pork shoulder
6 Gala apple
3 sticks cinnamon
4 sprigs cilantro
6 gala apples
1 LB honey
1 red bell pepper
1 red onion
10 cloves garlic
salt to taste(bout 2 tbsp.)
Whole black peppercorn

Preheat oven to 400
Make holes in the pork shoulder using a knife. Place in a baking pan skin up.

Chop all ingredients mix in a bowl and pour on top of pork shoulder. Cover in aluminum foil and bake for 4 hours. Done, easy, delicious for thanksgiving

Visit my restaurants website and come by if your ever in Puerto Rico Ode to the Elephants - Puerto Rico Thai Restaurant - Puntas Rincon, PR

orchidsarefun 08-25-2013 07:10 PM

your menu items look scrumptious, would definitely visit if I was ever in the area.

AnonYMouse 08-28-2013 01:42 AM

Thanks for the recipe. I do a lot of braised meats in the colder months and I'll try this then.

Kevin_PR 08-28-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnonYMouse (Post 601732)
Thanks for the recipe. I do a lot of braised meats in the colder months and I'll try this then.

Think you'll love it I make it every thanksgiving. you don't have to cut the veg small as they soften up a lot when cooked. Also all those veggies make a great topping/gravy for the pork. I usually serve w mashed potato.

Please note I listed gala apple twice, OOPS

Paphluvr 08-28-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskevingo (Post 600836)
1 pork shoulder
6 Gala apple
3 sticks cinnamon
4 sprigs cilantro
6 gala apples
1 LB honey
1 red bell pepper
1 red onion
10 cloves garlic
salt to taste(bout 2 tbsp.)
Whole black peppercorn

Preheat oven to 400
Make holes in the pork shoulder using a knife. Place in a baking pan skin up.

Chop all ingredients mix in a bowl and pour on top of pork shoulder. Cover in aluminum foil and bake for 4 hours. Done, easy, delicious for thanksgiving

Visit my restaurants website and come by if your ever in Puerto Rico Ode to the Elephants - Puerto Rico Thai Restaurant - Puntas Rincon, PR

What is the size of the pork shoulder?

Kevin_PR 08-29-2013 01:13 AM

5lb I guess.
Cooking it in a turkey pan(the real ones w covers) works well, or a covered stew pot

IF you want you can also cook it longer and if I have bottle of white wine on hand I pour about 1/4 of the bottle in too. You can add more apples, but add more honey to compensate. The apples will lose a lot of liquid. If you can cover the shoulder with veg mix to the point that you see only a little of the pork then its perfect. Don't peel the apples either.