Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Lc. Sagarik Wax "African Beauty" (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/70508-lc-sagarik-wax-african-beauty.html)

Ordphien 08-20-2013 03:50 AM

Lc. Sagarik Wax 'African Beauty'

1 Attachment(s)
Picked this up for half off today. Mesmerising colour, beautiful waxy petals, and intense fragrance.
I'll try and get a better picture tomorrow.
Not sure why it was on the sale shelf...
Flowers aren't open all the way I think...
Hopefully.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Silje 08-20-2013 04:20 AM

Just bought this one.

I think the dark red color and the waxy petals are stunning. And fragrance is of course an additional bonus! :)

What a bargain you got there!

RosieC 08-20-2013 04:51 AM

Gorgeous!

Picotee 08-20-2013 06:40 AM

What a lucky find! I have the C. Chocolate Drop parent which is currently in bud.

RosieC 08-20-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picotee (Post 599045)
What a lucky find! I have the C. Chocolate Drop parent which is currently in bud.

I thought it reminded me of Chocolate Drop, but hadn't checked the parentage :)

Silje 08-20-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

C. Chocolate Drop and C. Aurantiaca are the two cattleya plants highest on my wishlist. I could not get hold of Chocolate Drop, so the African Beauty was second best. Hopefully, if all goes well Cattleya aurantiaca 'Mishima Spot' and the Lc. Sagarik wax 'African Beauty' will arrive by the end of next week.

The aurantiaca will be my most expensive orchid by far. I'm crossing fingers that it will be love at first sight when we finally meet in person. :blushing:

Gthumbz89 08-20-2013 03:18 PM

WoW :shock:. That is the most awesome petal texture I've seen on a cattleya. The glossy sheen is really nice.

Ordphien 08-20-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silje (Post 599025)
Just bought this one.

I think the dark red color and the waxy petals are stunning. And fragrance is of course an additional bonus! :)

What a bargain you got there!

The fragrance is divine! The whole flower is stunning actually...
Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieC (Post 599029)
Gorgeous!

Isn't it?

Quote:

I'm going to have to Google that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gthumbz89 (Post 599136)
WoW :shock:. That is the most awesome petal texture I've seen on a cattleya. The glossy sheen is really nice.

It's really glossy is person, it really does look like wax.

Ordphien 08-20-2013 05:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more photos.
My cellphone does not like the coloration on this guy.
The first picture captured the truest colour.
I wish I could properly show off its beauty.

The fragrance, is strong. It wafts. I can smell it throughout my room. Atm it's competing with the zygo.
I think it smells like rootbeer, but everyone else says clove. I got a few "Christmas" or "the holidays". I still just smell rootbeer though.
Either way everyone seems to love the fragrance.

I forgot to mention it came from Lowe's.
$15.

Ordphien 08-20-2013 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more.