Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Pleurothallis Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pleurothallis-alliance/)
-   -   Masdevallia Angel Frost (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/pleurothallis-alliance/69554-masdevallia-angel-frost.html)

Luis Renato 07-15-2013 08:53 PM

Masdevallia Angel Frost
 
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2829/9...40d1d0f4_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5456/9...24074fff_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7399/9...def258c2_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3699/9...ec50d9e8_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7448/9...f32aa661_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2854/9...819ac8cf_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/9...88dd9a9f_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5523/9...44c8bf6d_z.jpg
1017 - Masdevallia Angel Frost por Luis Renato (Orquidário Faísca), no Flickr

[]'s

Bud 07-16-2013 12:13 AM

Gorgeous blooms....I love the color, texture and form....I find it amazing that you grow this plant in a wooden basket;....oh well, after all your grow zone is where these plants come from....

silken 07-16-2013 12:31 AM

Gorgeous blooms and photos. You have beautiful depth of field on the flowers. Can I ask your photo technique? Are you image stacking or is it just one?? Lovely job however you did it.

Aki_James 07-16-2013 01:07 AM

Wow!!! That is stunning!! And your photography is beautiful you really capture the texture well. I have Masdevallia Celtic Frost I hope it takes on some of the traits from this parent.

RosieC 07-16-2013 04:42 AM

Gorgeous. Live this one.

WhiteRabbit 07-16-2013 04:14 PM

Gorgeous!

bellini girl 07-16-2013 04:18 PM

Very pretty, looks like a fuzzy peach

Tindomul 07-31-2013 02:35 PM

Amaizing blooms and photography! Thank you for sharing.

TOMMYMIAMI 07-31-2013 03:01 PM

Amazing pictures and gorgeous orchid, seems like you do share my 2 passions - orchids and photography. Did you take a pictures at night? I did realize that the best pictures of orchids in bloom are actually outside at night with the flesh:-) also, question here, Im living in Miami, and bought my first 2 masdevallias just a few weeks ago. Having them outside at my balcony, any TIPS would be appreciated, how do you grow them, how often watering? what about the light, direct/filtered sun or shade? Hope to get mine bloom soon too:-)

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

yes, I am wondering If i can place mine to wooden basket as well. One of them is pretty big and I feel like I should re pot it, and since living in Miami, i think weather might be at least similar???

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 590009)
Gorgeous blooms....I love the color, texture and form....I find it amazing that you grow this plant in a wooden basket;....oh well, after all your grow zone is where these plants come from....

yes, i do wonder if I can re pot mine to wooden basket, living in Miami I think weather will be similar, and one of mine masdevillas look like it needs re pot, I just got them, and this one is big. What do you think guys, I would appreciate any help and tips how to grow them in my zone to bloom like this one?

Luis Renato 08-02-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 590009)
Gorgeous blooms....I love the color, texture and form....I find it amazing that you grow this plant in a wooden basket;....oh well, after all your grow zone is where these plants come from....

They love these baskets. All of them are in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silken (Post 590013)
Gorgeous blooms and photos. You have beautiful depth of field on the flowers. Can I ask your photo technique? Are you image stacking or is it just one?? Lovely job however you did it.

It's nothing special. I put a black blanket in the background, turn off the flash of the camera e configure it to the manual mode. I use a lamp in my hand to give the flower the light I want and that's it! I take the pictures at night in a place without any kind of light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki_James (Post 590019)
Wow!!! That is stunning!! And your photography is beautiful you really capture the texture well. I have Masdevallia Celtic Frost I hope it takes on some of the traits from this parent.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieC (Post 590071)
Gorgeous. Live this one.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit (Post 590153)
Gorgeous!

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellini girl (Post 590157)
Very pretty, looks like a fuzzy peach

Yeah, don't they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tindomul (Post 594020)
Amaizing blooms and photography! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMMYMIAMI (Post 594028)
Amazing pictures and gorgeous orchid, seems like you do share my 2 passions - orchids and photography. Did you take a pictures at night? I did realize that the best pictures of orchids in bloom are actually outside at night with the flesh:-) also, question here, Im living in Miami, and bought my first 2 masdevallias just a few weeks ago. Having them outside at my balcony, any TIPS would be appreciated, how do you grow them, how often watering? what about the light, direct/filtered sun or shade? Hope to get mine bloom soon too:-)

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

yes, I am wondering If i can place mine to wooden basket as well. One of them is pretty big and I feel like I should re pot it, and since living in Miami, i think weather might be at least similar???

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------


yes, i do wonder if I can re pot mine to wooden basket, living in Miami I think weather will be similar, and one of mine masdevillas look like it needs re pot, I just got them, and this one is big. What do you think guys, I would appreciate any help and tips how to grow them in my zone to bloom like this one?

Yes, I take the pictures at night, in a place without any kind of light. I prefer to use a lamp in my hand to direct the light where I want.

My Masdevallias are in a wooden basket, 70% of shade and near a little artificial lake that I have, to keep the umidity. I think your Masdevallias will love the barket, but you need to keep the enviroment moist.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.

3.8.9
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.37 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Clubs vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.