Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   cattleya leopoldii albecens (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/69267-cattleya-leopoldii-albecens.html)

palm521 07-05-2013 12:17 AM

cattleya leopoldii albecens

1 Attachment(s)
hello guys/gals.

i always come and read the forums, but decided to join this big family of orchid fans :)

i come loaded with many questions, regarding other genera/species, (will create posts in the right sections:)

but for now wanted to share the first brazilian cattleya that opened for me during this season (mexico) some more are in bud , and some of those are first time bloomers!

Attachment 84226

will try to share as much as i can!

Cheers

Antonio.

NYCorchidman 07-05-2013 12:41 AM

Welcome on board, Antonio!

Your flowers look like the albino version of my Leopard 'Ching Hua' also currently in bloom.

Is it nicely scented too?

palm521 07-05-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCorchidman (Post 587001)
Welcome on board, Antonio!

Your flowers look like the albino version of my Leopard 'Ching Hua' also currently in bloom.

Is it nicely scented too?

yes it is nicely scented , stronger by noon, and slowly fades at 6 pm .

the plant was a sib cross of the leopoldii "centro de esmeralda"

love the leopard chin hua! amazing colors (image courtesy of google )

i try to not fall to the temptation of hybrids, but some times it is hard, specially for my wife. she is all about hybrids, and myself species! lol.

cheers!

Antonio.

NYCorchidman 07-05-2013 12:54 AM

I grow mainly hybrids as well. :)

RosieC 07-05-2013 04:09 AM

Really lovely!

Picotee 07-05-2013 07:06 AM

Wow, that is gorgeous!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your Brazilian beauties.

silken 07-05-2013 10:44 AM

Wow! That is a beautiful one! Welcome to Orchid Board.

Orchidflowerchild 07-05-2013 11:01 AM

HAHA dirty mudblood hybrids... Always a few sneak in, eh?

Beautiful leopoldii.

-Ceci

isurus79 07-05-2013 01:38 PM

Very nice!

palm521 07-05-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchidflowerchild (Post 587087)
HAHA dirty mudblood hybrids... Always a few sneak in, eh?

Beautiful leopoldii.

-Ceci

yes, sometimes it is hard to resist. but for me , species has that botanical value that imho is not present in hybrids, mother nature is just amazing. :).

also, some species also offers more challenge to grow well. and I do like challenges.

BTW Off topic , I will be flying to the US (California) on September 13, as you know there are a some really amazing species in this country grown from flasks, please PM me with wish lists, I am willing to trade for some other species. (angracoids, vandaceous or other interesting species) I will reply back with my wish list as well )

keep in mind that plants (if any) will be travelling bare root..

Cheers!
Antonio.