Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Off Topic - Totally (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/)
-   -   Tapatalk API needs updated? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/off-topic-totally/69116-tapatalk-api-updated.html)

Paul Mc 06-28-2013 07:38 PM

Tapatalk API needs updated?

Every time I log in using Tapatalk, I get that message asking that a forum administrator update. Am I the only one getting this message?

brn_thmbs 06-28-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Mc (Post 585417)
Every time I log in using Tapatalk, I get that message asking that a forum administrator update. Am I the only one getting this message?

nope, I get it too
admin needs to update the Tapatalk plugin for the forum

RosieC 06-29-2013 05:32 AM

I don't get that.

Have you updated to the new beta Tapatalk 4 app on your device? I've ignored that update as it's still only a beta. I wonder if that's the difference that our site works with Tapatalk 3 but not Tapatalk 4 :hmm

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Are you able to access the forum anyway, or does it stop you accessing this forum?

brn_thmbs 06-29-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieC (Post 585503)
I don't get that.

Have you updated to the new beta Tapatalk 4 app on your device? I've ignored that update as it's still only a beta. I wonder if that's the difference that our site works with Tapatalk 3 but not Tapatalk 4 :hmm

Are you able to access the forum anyway, or does it stop you accessing this forum?

might be the client side, that's true
oh, yeah no I fly right by it & come on in
it's not even a nuisance, I barely notice

Paul Mc 06-29-2013 12:28 PM

I have the most current version on my phone, but I downloaded the app when it was still free. My guess is that the free version will stop being supported before long so that may be the issue. But as it stands I just click "ok" button on the notification and it takes me right in.

WhiteRabbit 06-29-2013 08:12 PM

I got a free version last year. Haven't gotten that message.

MattWoelfsen 06-30-2013 12:40 PM

It's an incompatibility between Tapatalk and the various forums that you can access via Tapatalk. I'm a member of two other forums and every time I get out of one and launch another, it gives me that message. The Tapatalk app was updated to a new version earlier this week.

RosieC 07-01-2013 05:47 AM

I think it could be the latest Tappa Talk 4 upgrade, though not sure. Good that it's not stopping anyone at least :)

I've got 2.4.13 by the look of it which my phone tells me is up to date (but not had an update in a while). However I know they sent me an email about installing Tapa Talk 4 but I think it was something you choose to do, rather than an automatic update.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I've been getting updates of mine until the last few months, I didn't realise it was only v2, looks like the latest is 4.016. The updates must have been within the v2 bracket and not changing me to v3 or v4.

As it's working I've going to stick with it for now.

I've sent a message to Marty so he is aware when he does his planned software changes that it could need an update to this.

Paul Mc 07-03-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks Rosie!

Paul McMahon
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

desertanimal 07-03-2013 09:08 AM

I only get the message for this forum and not for the other fora I access via tapatalk. I got this message both before and after I personally upgraded to the newest version of tapatalk (I upgraded to see if that would fix it) so I think it must be on the forum end.