Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Member Projects (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/)
-   -   Flask Project Genus Vote (One) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/member-projects/67121-flask-project-genus-vote.html)

Rowangreen 04-08-2013 07:28 AM

Flask Project Genus Vote (One)

We seem to be going in circles a bit, so this is just a quick vote to decide how we are going to draw the lines on this... Please vote! If it's Phals or Any Genus, we can get started. If you want to vote on Another Genus, then we are going to have to have more discussions.

I've made answer public, so people will be able to see what you voted for.

shadytrake 04-08-2013 09:55 AM

I chose any genus so that we have flexibility. Flasks in general can be hard to purchase. Similar to Warm, Int, Cool project, we can split into three. Maximum flexibility with more participation. What do you think?

Phal group
Catt group
Paph/Phrag group

I think that would be super fun!

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

As FYI, the Phals tend to run intermediate, most Catt flasks regularly available are warm, and the Phrags run cool (Paphs run intermediate).

See my logic? These are in general for regular (not specialized or rare types).

orchidsarefun 04-08-2013 10:37 AM

I wish I could change my vote ! Lets hope its not a deciding vote....
On second thoughts, I agree that people should be free to choose whatever genus they prefer growing on. Its highly likely that we won't be able to split flasks and to take on +-25 plants for 2-3 years is a commitment - so why not get what you like ?

Rowangreen 04-08-2013 11:36 AM

At the moment you are a deciding vote, so change noted! I don't think it's possible to change on the poll. LOL

bballr4567 04-08-2013 11:39 AM

I dont think we will have a large range of participants due to how hard itll be for the majority.

I'd rather not have phrag or paph as itll take years for them to bloom. Hopefully enough US people would want to do a phal. lol

Rowangreen 04-08-2013 11:54 AM

Well so far you are not being asked to get a phrag or paph! Votes so far are only for Phal or Any. Any could be a phal. No one has voted to choose another genus. I think you are safe *G*:biggrin:

bballr4567 04-08-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowangreen (Post 565001)
Well so far you are not being asked to get a phrag or paph! Votes so far are only for Phal or Any. Any could be a phal. No one has voted to choose another genus. I think you are safe *G*:biggrin:

HAHAH. True!

Rowangreen 04-10-2013 06:26 AM

Well so far it's 7 for Phals and 5 for any (including changed vote)

I wish it were clearer! It's a majority for Phals, but would people who've voted for 'Any' still be willing to take part on that basis? It feels a bit mean to impose that when there's a big vote for Any!

Just off to pre-order a flask for London this weekend. Think it's possibly too late as they may already be travelling/setting up, but fingers crossed.

shadytrake 04-10-2013 09:00 AM

Instead of limiting, why don't we split it like we did for the warm, int, cool projects? We could have Phals and Any. It's really about learning about growing from flask anyway.

I think that would be really cool!

SlipperGirl 04-10-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowangreen (Post 565357)
Well so far it's 7 for Phals and 5 for any (including changed vote)

I wish it were clearer! It's a majority for Phals, but would people who've voted for 'Any' still be willing to take part on that basis? It feels a bit mean to impose that when there's a big vote for Any!

Just off to pre-order a flask for London this weekend. Think it's possibly too late as they may already be travelling/setting up, but fingers crossed.

I may still do it if we go with phals, but I have so many phals and hardly any other kinds of orchids that I was hoping to get something else other then more phals, and phals don't seem to like me :(