Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - others (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/)
-   -   V. Usha (V. JVB x Dr. Anek) (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/66666-usha-jvb-dr-anek.html)

CR7cristiano 03-19-2013 04:49 PM

V. Usha (V. JVB x Dr. Anek)

6 Attachment(s)
This is one of my new favs! The blooms are so big and delicious looking. Add the contrasting lip and mouth with the ruffling petals & sepals and you get such a stunning bloom.
This is the first bloom on this one; and to give you a better idea of how robust and healthy this Vanda is, it is a young plant w/ a width of 2 feet leaf tip to leaf tip & 2 1/2 feet tall. Did I mention this is actually a young plant and for its first bloom it has 12 buds! Just over half of them have opened already. I can't wait for it to be in full bloom and better yet to start getting it to dbl spike; it is going to be a talking point in my garden for sure! :biggrin:
Here are a few pics i took. Don't mind the varying lighting as the bright sun light was intermittent thru the clouds during this time; Enjoy! :D

bellini girl 03-19-2013 04:57 PM

A showstopper for sure. Big gorgeous blooms

Bud 03-19-2013 04:58 PM

large beautiful flowers....love the vivid colors and the texture....
semi-terette Vandas among the roses with thorns.....

CR7cristiano 03-19-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellini girl (Post 560818)
A showstopper for sure. Big gorgeous blooms

I absolutely agree. Of course nothing does it more justice than seeing it for yourself! :)

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 560819)
large beautiful flowers....love the vivid colors and the texture....
semi-terette Vandas among the roses with thorns.....

I feel the same way x10; wish you could see it in person Bud! Lol, so you noticed my roses too huh. Yeah I have white roses in that bed too that produce a bouquet of flowers on each branch; the whites really make the other colours pop too. :biggrin:
When it is in full bloom i am gonna take it and put it on the driveway a take some full shots of the entire plant. :)

Trini Kjeldz 03-19-2013 05:43 PM

very nice cross...would expect it to be robust as Anek is tetraploid..check out another prodigy of Anek crossed into Renanthera philippinensis...i assure u a 2 foot spike with 20 flowers isnt a fantasy

CR7cristiano 03-19-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trini Kjeldz (Post 560860)
very nice cross...would expect it to be robust as Anek is tetraploid..check out another prodigy of Anek crossed into Renanthera philippinensis...i assure u a 2 foot spike with 20 flowers isnt a fantasy

I'm googling this right now! Lol

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

I know the cross you speak of...low and behold when I googled it for a photo I see images you posted of your own plant. I noticed you order from Kultana orchids?
This cross was one i wrote down to place in my order from thailand. I see you have a large greenhouse too...or is that image not of ur own space?

WhiteRabbit 03-19-2013 10:00 PM

Gorgeous!

Trini Kjeldz 08-25-2013 03:38 PM

Sorry for the late reply but I've enrolled in the police service and have been training at the academy since april...today I won a best renanthera hybrid with the plant and members choice at my o/s show..the plant had approx 23 blooms..I work with a hybrizer and learn to flask and increase my skills under him...that is his greenhouses but my plants are kept there also since I'm always there in my free time I prefer my plants closer to me...yes kultana has some stuff and if u sift through u can find specialties!!!I focus on conservation and propogation of local species but ofc I like other stunners in my private collection

CR7cristiano 08-26-2013 03:54 AM

Sounds awesome! I also am interesting in the hybridizing process too. :)
Unfortunately its such a long process and a long waiting game.