Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - others (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/)
-   -   V. Merv L. Velthuis Alba (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/66508-merv-velthuis-alba.html)

CR7cristiano 03-13-2013 12:37 AM

V. Merv L. Velthuis Alba

2 Attachment(s)
This has just made the jump from a seedling plant to blooming size, and this is its first spike. A good flower count for its first showing also. The blooms are just opening so they aren't full size yet and aren't true to form. I will share more pics as the blooms reach full size. :)

BradGC 03-13-2013 10:27 AM

Very nice!
I bought my mother a sanderiana alba which might look similar.

You have some really nice vandas!

CR7cristiano 03-13-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradGC (Post 559282)
Very nice!
I bought my mother a sanderiana alba which might look similar.

You have some really nice vandas!

Thanks Brad, I can't wait to finish landscaping my yard n for some other blooms to open! :biggrin:
I have a V. Usha that started opening this morning and a kasem's delight cross that's set to open today as well. Also have some thick bunches of teret vandas staked in clusters all in spike; but they usually flower in april. :)
I'm actually at my aunts tending to her orchids as I'm writing this instant. :)

RosieC 03-13-2013 11:54 AM

Really lovely!

tucker85 03-13-2013 11:56 AM

Very pretty!

Orchids4ever 03-13-2013 12:32 PM

even if there not fully open yet-very nice

BradGC 03-13-2013 02:55 PM

Wow, so roughly how many vandas do you have?

Bud 03-13-2013 03:02 PM

Gorgeous blooms....
You are lucky to grow orchids outdoors in your zone.

CR7cristiano 03-13-2013 04:45 PM

Thanks so much everyone! I love the pastel lime green on white of th alba. Its not so easy to find either B/S or F/S; thankfully my friend that grows Vandas bought them as young seedlings and has grown them for several yrs up until this stage. God bless her patience! :blushing:

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 559354)
Gorgeous blooms....
You are lucky to grow orchids outdoors in your zone.

I'm just lucky everyday that they put on a better showing than the previous ones! :biggrin: Plus, I'll be super lucky when I get a division of that big gorgeous ruby red crab something another whatever its called Cattleya u have! Lol :waving

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradGC (Post 559351)
Wow, so roughly how many vandas do you have?

Few hundred...but who's counting!? :)

BradGC 03-13-2013 05:00 PM

Haha nice! I'd love my collection to get to that size, I have about 25 vandas and roughly 25 other assorted orchids. I'm just waiting to see most of them flower before I get more