Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Cattleya Alliance (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/)
-   -   Miyuki Little King (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/cattleya-alliance/66416-miyuki-little-king.html)

16530pebble 03-09-2013 08:47 PM

Miyuki Little King

2 Attachment(s)
I am a new member and I live in Beaverton, Oregon. I recently bought a very nice cattleya.

I am looking for suggestions on how to take care of it. I have some cymbidium and phalaenopsis and I am Ok with them.

Thanks

CR7cristiano 03-09-2013 09:13 PM

Omg this is gorgeous. I love this mount! Where do you buy a mount like this, and did you use your own wood? And is that moss growing on the wood mount?! :bowing

Bud 03-09-2013 09:42 PM

That is a magnificent presentation.
The mount is wood based with moss enhancements on a pool of water in a dish to aid in moisture and humidity....
the flowers are lovely with vivid colors, texture and form of a miniature Cattleya

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

this is a cross between a Sophronitis and a Cattleya so you can follow the Baker's Cattleya culture.
You may choose a window to properly place this for correct lighting....
you have to discover your own regimen for water and fertilizer according to your plant needs....and according to your environment
*trust your instincts= you chose a wonderful plant; it means you have that capacity to care and love it

Stray59 03-09-2013 09:53 PM

Gorgeous presentation - I like that there is the added element of standing water - that really added to the beauty for me!
Did you buy this already mounted or are you just extremely talented? Either way, you had the eye to create or at least pick it out, so -
Thanks for posting the pics - another way to showcase orchids is always welcome.
Steve

CR7cristiano 03-09-2013 10:15 PM

This has definitely inspired me to do an nice big cattleya arrangement on mount! :biggrin:
Hey Bud, what do you mean by moss enhancements? :scratchhead:

16530pebble 03-09-2013 10:58 PM

I bought the mount here

1 Attachment(s)
Google ezohydromounts.com and you will find the mount.

It is already mounted when I bought it. According to the tag, this is mounted 2 years ago. It is not growing season yet. So I shouldn't water it too often. Correct?

This is a picture of the website:

SJF 03-10-2013 01:07 PM

Did you buy it with the orchid mounted from the website you listed above?

16530pebble 03-10-2013 01:31 PM

Yes, I bought it the way it is

The owner mounted in 2010. The plan did very well on the mount. I love it and hope it will do well for me.

cbuchman 03-10-2013 01:38 PM

Thanks for the website. i took a look and it certainly looks interesting.

NYCorchidman 03-10-2013 09:46 PM

Wow~ I'm totally going to place some orders. :)