Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - Neofinetia (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/)
-   -   Four Spurred Manjushage? (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/62217-spurred-manjushage.html)

coffeecup 09-06-2012 07:35 AM

Four Spurred Manjushage?

2 Attachment(s)
This is the first time I've gotten a spike from my Manjushage and out of three buds, one bud has decided to give me four spurs! For those of you who have this type, has this ever happened to you? I'll post more pictures once they start to open.

GardenTheater 09-06-2012 08:55 AM

That's awesome! Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question, but I'm sure someone on the board must grow this type.

s.kallima 09-06-2012 11:36 AM

Wow! This is interesting...
I have one but haven't bloomed it yet. I have never seen a picture of one with four spurs, lucky you!

s.kallima 09-06-2012 11:37 AM

You should ask Jason Fischer or Glen at Nwo if they ever saw one like that!

coffeecup 09-06-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.kallima (Post 520529)
You should ask Jason Fischer or Glen at Nwo if they ever saw one like that!

I'll send Glen an email; I have done more business with him. I originally emailed Seed Engei, since that's where I got this particular plant from, but haven't gotten a response. I know Satomi is back in Japan so that's probably why.

coffeecup 09-07-2012 03:54 PM

Glenn emailed me back. He thinks its morphing and says he will send my photos to friends in Japan. He's never seen it either.

GardenTheater 09-07-2012 05:00 PM

Thats great. Hope you can sell dvisions for bazillions of dollars! From what I've read about Neo growers in Japan, this type off change will be highly valued if indeed rare and repeatable.

coffeecup 09-07-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenTheater (Post 520654)
Thats great. Hope you can sell dvisions for bazillions of dollars! From what I've read about Neo growers in Japan, this type off change will be highly valued if indeed rare and repeatable.

LOL, in other words, I have to be good and not forget to water! I'm hoping to find out some kind of information as to what this means. I can't wait for the bud to open!

GardenTheater 09-08-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeecup (Post 520668)
LOL, in other words, I have to be good and not forget to water! I'm hoping to find out some kind of information as to what this means. I can't wait for the bud to open!

Agree, don't kill this one until you hear more from Glen. LOL.

GardenTheater 09-08-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenTheater (Post 520805)
Agree, don't kill this one until you hear more from Glen. LOL.

Looking forward to photo of open bloom.