Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - others (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/)
-   -   Vascostylis Viboon Velvet ‘Perfection’ (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-others/61665-vascostylis-viboon-velvet-perfection.html)

Bud 08-09-2012 11:03 PM

Vascostylis Viboon Velvet ‘Perfection’

4 Attachment(s)
I've had this orchid for a couple of years now. It never did well in the original basket it came from and blasted some flowers leaving me four or five flowers each time, I gave it S/H method and now blooms several times per year. The flowers were bigger the last blooming cycle but it gave me more flowers (nine) this time. The lip is the brightest purple I have on any of my orchids, almost blue tinged….noticeable fragrance like the smell of floral soap early at night….the roots love to spring out from the lower leaves displacing the uniform arch formation and notice the second layer of buds blasted from the bottom making me nervous that the rest will not open giving me only two flowers; oh well I just fed it and watered it liberally ….overall it never gave me cause to worry….it is surviving in my care in spite of fungi infestation of the leaves that I am currently treating

WhiteRabbit 08-10-2012 12:13 AM

:love: oh wow! That's fabulous! :wtg:

Bud 08-10-2012 12:22 AM

Thank You so much, Sonya !

Wynn Dee13 08-10-2012 12:45 AM

Beautiful Bud! I love that lip!

CR7cristiano 08-10-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 515853)
I've had this orchid for a couple of years now. It never did well in the original basket it came from and blasted some flowers leaving me four or five flowers each time, I gave it S/H method and now blooms several times per year. The flowers were bigger the last blooming cycle but it gave me more flowers (nine) this time. The lip is the brightest purple I have on any of my orchids, almost blue tinged….noticeable fragrance like the smell of floral soap early at night….the roots love to spring out from the lower leaves displacing the uniform arch formation and notice the second layer of buds blasted from the bottom making me nervous that the rest will not open giving me only two flowers; oh well I just fed it and watered it liberally ….overall it never gave me cause to worry….it is surviving in my care in spite of fungi infestation of the leaves that I am currently treating

Sorry to hear about the fungus on the leaves. But it looks beautiful, as always u do a great job. I have maybe 8 new blooming vandas, amongst other orchids including dens, cattleya, blc's, & potinaras. I'm so excited about them. I am currently traveling so when i get home i'll get to enjoy them and caring for them once again :biggrin:
Picked up a large V. Manuvadee 'Blue', Pot. Hawaiian Thrill 'Paradise', & a Blc. Yellow Tang 'Tiger' on my travels. I'm excited to see them settle into my collection.
:blushing:

orchideya 08-10-2012 07:46 AM

Beautiful vasco. It looks like it is glowing on the first picture. Awsome.

tucker85 08-10-2012 08:52 AM

Beautiful! I've had a lot of problems with bud blast on my Vascostylis Viboon Velvet ‘Perfection’. I'm hoping it will bloom better when it gets larger. Yours is very pretty. Good growing.

CR7cristiano 08-10-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucker85 (Post 515908)
Beautiful! I've had a lot of problems with bud blast on my Vascostylis Viboon Velvet ‘Perfection’. I'm hoping it will bloom better when it gets larger. Yours is very pretty. Good growing.

What sorta situation do you have yours in Tucker?

Bud 08-10-2012 04:38 PM

Thank You, Wynn Dee !
the lip color borders from deep purple to dark blue depending on the angle of light....it is really a pretty color.

Thank You, CR7cristiano !
I would like to see pictures of your blooms....you have large specimens that I always envy.

Bud 08-10-2012 04:43 PM

Thank You, orchideya !
the glow is caused by the overcast skies and the white opaqueness of the petals that gives off a tinge of pale shade of lavender

Thank You, tucker !
I hope you get to bloom your plant....I understand you spray with physan20 every so often....try not to spray on the spike; they are very sensitive to chemicals on the growth period....I have fungi infestation on my leaves and I used physan20 but made sure I didnt wet the spike yet I still have two flowers that blasted