Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web ! (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/)
-   Vanda Alliance - Neofinetia (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/)
-   -   Neofinetia falcata -BENI-RYOKUHOU 紅緑宝 (http://www.orchidboard.com/community/vanda-alliance-neofinetia/60742-neofinetia-falcata-beni-ryokuhou.html)

Bud 06-27-2012 01:15 PM

Neofinetia falcata -BENI-RYOKUHOU 紅緑宝

5 Attachment(s)
BENIRYOKUHO is a variety of RYOKUHO whose main distinguishing characteristics are mud brown stems and roots instead of green.
RYOKUHO is quite the favorite among all bean leaf variety. The stem and roots looks clean and neat and because of the popularity, it was dispersed to many Japanese Fuukiran hobbyists before it was even registered. Notice that the leaves are thick and tight. I must have dehydrated the spike because the other buds are blasting; I have only one flower in bloom. Oh, well….one flower is enough to make me happy. Even without any flowers, the plant looks delightful.
I potted it in traditional Japanese samurai fashion but temporarily using a porcelain bisque Mother Goose rhyme planter (the smallest kind that I found on my possessions). I have ordered from a Japanese guy; a traditional Neofinetia pot maker who is living in London, several handmade sizes that will serve my purpose.
This plant was given to me by a friend in Boston who’s got some Neos to spare. I am very happy to have acquired this plant and learn how to care for them.

WhiteRabbit 06-27-2012 02:41 PM

ohmygosh! What a charmer! Sorry you lost some buds, but one is better than none, and great looking plant regardless. I love the little planter it's in - adds to the charm! :)

s.kallima 06-27-2012 03:17 PM

Nice plant Bud!

Bud 06-27-2012 04:25 PM

Thank You, Sonya !

Thank You, s. kallima !

Bud 06-27-2012 04:27 PM

Thank You, Cody ! I wish I could send you some Neos....I know you are starting a collection.

Neodex 06-29-2012 06:16 AM

That is very cool. I've had the standard one for a few years now and it just doesn't want to flower ... it just grows new fans each year ... it is one the only two flowering size neos (of about thirty) that hasn't flowered for me ... the other is Senzai. I have heard that some beanies are mean with their flowers.
Cheers,
Tim

ronaldhanko 06-29-2012 10:01 AM

Lovely, Bud. None of mine in bloom at the moment and lost all the buds on my yellow clone.

Bud 06-29-2012 02:49 PM

Thank You Tim for the visit and your kind comment. I know bean type Neos are stingy with flowers that is why I am quite happy with just one and maybe another bud forming...

Bud 06-29-2012 02:56 PM

Thank You, Ron !
I like the yellow ones(on my wishlist)....maybe next cycle you will have many flowers....
This is early bloom for me....in nature Neos usually bloom summer to fall....so do not fret you still have flowers to come....

Pilot 02-10-2013 12:34 AM

Bud where did you get this guy? I've been wanting to get a bean leaf for a while. I found some on eBay but I never know if these are good vendors or not!